I have yet another extra cat. I live in a good place in SC. My neighborhood is occupied mostly by geezers on 1 acre+ lots. It remains half empty.
My home is nice, warm and happy. I guess it is the low end of those here.

Assholes have dropped off cats and dogs here instead of takinhg them to the County shelter because - some people are assholes.

4 dogs and 3 cats have taken up residence with me here over the years. If I did not pretend to be an asshole to the Bride, she would take in a million. Being a realist, I come off as the bad, uncaring guy with no heart.

I am not that. I don't just bleed and worry, I do things.

I cannot take in another pet. I have 3 cats, 50 fish and take care of a million wild critters. I buy bird food by the truck load and not the cheap crap.

Great dogs who have moved in were:

'North' and 'Shores' who had been poisoned by the snowbird Ohio Yank nearby. After over a $1K in vet bills, both died early. Shores lived a few years and was fun.

'Tubby' was a very cute dog with short legs. She was great and no trouble. She lived with me for about ten years. She stayed mostly inside or in the driveway unless I walked up the road. She culd run like the wind, would not allow a lease. She loved everyone, even the cats.

"Rosey" came with hair falling off, heart worms and just skin stretched over bone. She lived at the vet the first month. She became the best friend I have ever had or will ever have. I miss her every day. She was positive she had a right to be with me 24/7. She was not really a dog, something more like me. I still grieve.

Now I have 3 cats, Percy, Prancy, and Crazy. I can't deal with more right now. I mostly live alone. The Bride visits here on weekends.
The cats are different. They take turns demanding attention. One is on my lap now. I bring them in at dark, and Percy wakes me at first light to go outside to potty. The cats believe they control the house, and I guess maybe they do.

Now a small cat has been dumped here. It is scared to interact, and I guess is now feral.
I really don't think it fair to my other cats to take in another.
I put out food every night, and it shows just after dark to eat. I have ordered it a heated house for Winter, but doubt it will know to take advantage. The cats who live here will not allow it in the yard during the day, so it comes to eat after I take them in. I can't get near it.