Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Final Four Contest

As I said in my first post. There would be changes to come with my Final Four. I should have went with my heart and picked Clemson. I know they played an inferior team in Kent St but Dabo had them ready. They seemed to play with more heart than Florida St. And yes I know Florida St. played a much better team in Alabama. But I think Alabama exposed many weaknesses of FS. I am going to be the first to make a change in my Final Four. My new teams are

Alabama
    Clemsom
    Michigan
    Washington

I live in my own little world. But its ok, all here know me. Yet, they still let me run a bar tab :)

Florida
    State didn't impress me even before the QB went down. I'll swap them out for 'Bama, who looks like they are ready for the NFL Super Bowl this year.

So my picks are now:

Clemson
    Alabama
    Ohio State
    Oklahoma State
    "And that's all I have to say about that."

---Agent Orange
    Clemson
    Oklahoma
    Alabama
    Washington

USC looked bad.
    OHS did not look impressive to me the first half, and plays Oklahoma next.
    Florida State looked OK except for mistakes, but now has one loss.
    Clemson only had a scrimage game, but I did like the way the new QB played. I think they are again in the hunt.

I love college football.
    After decades, enjoy it more as I now can watch the game from many angles.

What I saw:

Teams playing a "lay up" for practice. No fans like this, but it is kinda like NFL preseason.
    - OHS started poor and adjusted.
    - Wisconsin started poor and adjusted.
    - USC looked bad.
    - NCS looked like crap.
    - UNC looked like crap.
    - Louisville was ??, seem to have just one guy who is a superstar.
    - Florida State lost a good QB, but the team is solid.
    - Florida is like last year.
    - Michigan is hard to pin down.
    - Alabama is again "ALABAMA".
    - Penn did all asked.
    - LSU did great as did Auburn.

--and ~~~ CLEMSON -->
    Kent was just a scrimage. All expected a 50 point win.
    Dabo is not into that, and no 1st team players hit the field after the half. All guys on the team played.
    I was kinda surprised at how well Bryant looked. I don't mean as to hiw passing or running, but his "field presence". All knew Dabo would start the upper classman as that is "pure Dabo".
    Bryant surprised me. I know this was just Kent, but it seems Bryant has accepted the challenge to lead the team. Behind him are a few QBs with more talent. I now believe Bryant can take CLEMSON back to the Final Four, and I did not feel that way last week. He is not a star, but has incredible talent around him.
    If he can take the field demanding to win - then ??

change mine to

Alabama
    Penn State
    USC
    Clemson

Yesterday was fun.
    CLEMSON won a tough battle due to defense. Auburn also played excellent defense. The Auburn "O" only got 74 yards in the first quarter and were held to just 43 yards for the next 3 quarters. In spite of CLEMSON beating the #12 team, I see Vegas has Louisville the favorite for next week. That is due to CLEMSON just scoring 14. I doubt Lousiville has the AUBURN "D", but it is true points may be hard for CLEMSON to come by this season.

I see Oklahoma jumped CLEMSON in the AP POLL which is fair. They took down OHS, and like I posted before, in my opinion they have the top QB in the nation.

USC won, did not think they would beat Sanford.

Georgia won a big one.

No top teams were illimated from the CFB this week, but the road narrowed some for OHS and AUBURN.

ZOMBIE FOOTBall (no power and entertaining myself)

On the porch with no power and cold beer.
    I need to drink up all my beer before it gets warm. Hurricane has me off the grid.

"CLEMSON - Auburn" was a very good game. The Auburn "O" had a tough day, but give the CLEMSON "D" some credit there. The Auburn "D" was very good.
    The Clemson "O" was good enough to win, but give the Auburn "D" some credit. This may be the best "D" we face for a long time.

I really believed that Dabo would do the right thing and let vetern Bryant start to be replaced by game 3 with Johnson.
    That is the best route for a team looking to the future. Dabo is not looking to next year, he wants to win this year. I am again an idiot, but I don't make millions like him (or deserve that).
    Bryant is good. The "D" is again top 5. The "O" talent is there, and QB Bryant seems to be the best of a very good group at this point. If you look at QBs most places, he is as good or better. His supporting cast is "BETTER".
    With Bryant as QB this team will look a lot like when Boyd had the job, and that is good - very good.
    The Tigers are now #3 and not yet that. I do believe the National Champion should be ranked #1 until they are defeated as they earned it.

Ohio State stumbled. They have all the parts and will jell, but will it be too late? I have been leaving the Big Ten out of my Final Four picks as a two loss team could be out, and the Big 12 with Oklahoma seems a good bet this year.

The Big 12 is still ??
    One team must come out 12-1. 12-0 is of course in. Sanford loosing set my thinking back. I cannot yet get on the USC bandwagon. I need to see more.

The SEC is in as ESPN invests billions there. Alabama looks again to be unstoppable. It is almost imposible to go undefeated. Auburn and LSU can beat them. The deal is to win the conference.
    Can a 11-2 SEC team get in? Yep. It gets fun if a 12 win Alabama looses the SEC Championship. The committe answered that question last year by taking OHS. OHS fucked them by getting crushed by CLEMSON. Would the committe again jump a conference Champion - yes if it is a 1 loss Alabama.

The ACC could be the conference left out this year. I believe they are the oe most likely. Not all 5 can make the party and Oklahoma is looking good if they can keep bailing Mayfield out of jail.
    Florida State was the choice, loosing to Alabama in a big way surprised me, but the bigger deal was loosing the QB. They will be the favorite in every game but unlikely to win them all as that is tuff. Add any loss to the one they have and ???

CLEMSON is now the ACC favorite. They/we are not likely to win out (who is?)
    A couple losses and ?
    No other teams seem likely to run the table. Mosre likely is the ACC confernce champion has 2 or 3 losses due to parity in the conference.
    The FF committe claims to take that factor in, but history proves they do not.

The Final Four at this point is difficult to pick.
    I really like this present system and hope they never expand to more than 4.

.... excuse typos and etc as on a netbook.

Registered Users
    Change mine to Alabama, Oklahoma, Penn State and USC

Clemson, Alabama, Washington and Oklahoma. You can give me the trophy now

If this is wrong as of today, let me Know.

---elgrau
    Alabama
    Florida State
    Ohio State
    USC

---Tony Presley
    Alabama
    Washington
    Florida State
    Oklahoma

---Mike Kelly
    Georgia
    Miami
    Washington
    Oklahoma

---RobertM
    Alabama
    Clemsom
    Michigan
    Washington

---TOAD
    Clemson
    Alabama
    Ohio State
    Oklahoma State

---Agent Orange
    Clemson
    Oklahoma
    Alabama
    Washington

---Rorschach
    Alabama
    Penn State
    USC
    Clemson

---Chilipeps
    Alabama
    Oklahoma
    Penn State
    USC

---Snoop65
    Clemson
    Alabama
    Washington
    Oklahoma

Lots of time to join the contest or to change your picks. When you re-pick, you give up your spot in the pecking order which is very important.

Current Vegas odds -->
    Alabama 2/1
    USC 7/1
    Oklahoma 8/1
    Clemson 12/1
    Michigan 12/1

Ohio State 14/1
    Penn State 14/1
    LSU 16/1
    Oklahoma State 20/1
    Georgia 28/1
    Louisville 28/1
    Florida State 33/1
    Washington 33/1
    Wisconsin 33/1
    Auburn 40/1
    Miami 50/1

If that remains correct, YC winners would be:
    1st: elgrau - 3
    2nd: RobertM - 3
    3rd: AO - 3

It is difficult for me to believe Clemson is in a FF team.
    I post all my thoughts on YardCrap since 2012, and Dabo and the gang made me look the fool in 2015.

Clemson had a strong "D" again this week but no "O" for 3 quarters. No one believed BC could hang, only us fans were getting worried.

A 500 pound guard scooped one up and ran for 12 yards. The Clemson "O" skill players were embarrased. Clemson then reeled off 24 points in the 4th quarter.

What does that mean. I am too pollyanna to see clearly.

USC struggled but won, maybe they are not overrated.

Georgia looked good, Penn loked Great.

I have my first adjustment. I did not include my team Georgia in my first picks because I was afraid to jinx them. I now believe that it is very possible. Georgia vs. Clemson in the final!

Clemson
    Oklahoma
    Georgia
    TCU

CPT
    "If that remains correct, YC winners would be:
    1st: elgrau - 3
    2nd: RobertM - 3
    3rd: AO - 3"

The early bird gets the worm!

Question: If one changes only one team, do these "new picks" ALL get reset to that date, or just the one replaced team? i.e., if I were to change the one team of my four that is not currently "in", would that then put me behind RobertM and AO or still ahead of them? Not that I'm contemplating a change; just needing a rules clarification for future decisions...
    "Now my freedom's bought and paid for -- it lights up my living room
    I got nothing more to prove; I've got no reason to move
    And when I'm tired of the program -- when its taken its toll
    I can press a button, change the channel by remote control." - Pat Macdonald, Timbuk3

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast