Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: 2017 Final Four Contest

The winners are:

Tony
    AO
    Snoopy

This was another fun contest. The leaders went in and out week to week.

Then the tide turned for Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by elgrau View Post
    Spoiler alert.....and the winner is: Tony Presley (3). Congrats, Tony!
    Thanks, it was a very up and down year. Alabama getting in over Ohio State clinched it. I could see it going either way. I guess 2 losses including the ugly loss to Iowa did OSU in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    The winners are:

This was another fun contest. The leaders went in and out week to week.

Then the tide turned for Tony.
    The tide turned..... clever!

The Gnomes just told me that the Prizes will arrive on Tuesday.

Thanks to all for playing and adding fun to the CFB season.
    Football is supposed to be entertainment for us spectators, and playing with yall certainly makes it more fun for me.

CPT
    Not to doubt the Gnomes...but:

AO wrote on 10/29: "If this is wrong as of today, let me know.

---elgrau
    Alabama
    Florida State
    Ohio State
    USC

---Agent Orange
    Clemson
    Oklahoma
    Alabama
    Washington

---Rorschach
    Alabama
    Penn State
    USC
    Clemson

---Chilipeps
    Alabama
    Oklahoma
    Penn State
    USC

---Snoop65
    Clemson
    Alabama
    Washington
    Oklahoma

---Tony Presley
    Alabama
    Ohio State
    Georgia
    Clemson"

By my count, BOTH AO and Tony have 3 right, but AO did his final picks earlier than Tony, so does that (by the rules) not make AO the winner?

And I indicated this in my "spoiler alert" by pointing out that Tony winning was predicated on his 3 right and AO's TWO right IF OSU got in (and not Al.). But since Al. got in, that gave both AO and Tony 3 right....with AO's being earlier than Tony's....

Or is the order you listed on 10/29 not the order in which the contestants made their final picks?
    Supermen....wage a never-ending battle for truth, justice and the American way!

Not to doubt the Gnomes...but:

Ha,ha, so I did win AGAIN this year ?

Ed, the Gnomes are like you and do everything possible to discredit me.
    Good fun !!

CPT
    Yep, AO; everyone knows cops are not good with numbers ("but officer, I was only going 35 MPH, not 45 like you thought...").

Sorry Tony...AO contacted "the committee" and threatened them into falsely favoring Al. over OSU ('cause he hates me so much ).....if they had picked OSU, you'd be the winner. Hmmmmm....sounds like we have a "Watergate" on our hands!
    Supermen....wage a never-ending battle for truth, justice and the American way!

Good fun Ed.
    Because I respect your opinion so much, told the Gnomes of your post, and they already dispatched 1st Prize to Tony.
    He deserves it as you other fans are not much of a challenge to me.

Unfortunately, Snoop copied my picks (slick move) and 3rd prize was already dispatched to him instead of 2nd.
    If he objects (all prizes really the same crap) Gnomes will adjust when the wrong prize is returned.

Yep, AO; everyone knows cops are not good with numbers ("but officer, I was only going 35 MPH, not 45 like you thought...").

Good stereotype Ed.

I disagree. (I only do that because we like to argue).
    Cops as a group certainly are not as educated as you Engineers in math. That is true for most any occupation.
    In my day us cops had little education in any area. Even now days when most have some type degree in arts, Criminal Justice, etc - nothing has changed.

Kids who want to prepare themselves to make money should try to obtain degrees in a field that supports that. All college experience is a good thing as to living a better life, but I support getting a degree that will support you. You then have a lifetime to bone up on things like literature and music.

I was a student in EE. I have taken math classes through some calculus courses . At the time I found things like girls and pool more to my taste. I was an idiot, but had a lot of fun.
    I ran out of money, joined the Army. They sent me to Artillery OCS because I could do math.

As a cop, was poor at traffic. It is a needed area, but ... not me.
    I was better as a detective. I am by nature suspicious and competitive on a personal level (like you Ed). I lack empathy and have the IQ to play the long game. Most cops/people seek instant gratification. That makes people violent, and that is not productive.

Math is a better way, but life is not math as people are involved.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567