Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Final Four Contest

2017 Final Four Contest

Final Four Contest

We used to do a weekly "pick em" on College Football" games but the last two years have had fun with predicting the "Final Four" teams.

- Who will play with us this year?

The winner's prizes will not be be incredible, but fun Zombie things you would not buy
    1st-
    1st.jpg

2nd-
    2nd.jpg
    3rd-
    3rd.jpg

There is no need to be an expert as it comes down mostly to luck and how the ball bounces. In fact, if one had any clue, they could clean Vegas out - it is ~~

Right now people in media who "claim" to be experts mostly say:
    Alabama, Florida State, Ohio State, and USC.

Here is the thread on last years contest.

http://yardcraphome.com/showthread.p...l-Four-Contest

Rules have been:

Post your picks for the four teams that you believe will make the College Football Final Four in no paticicular order.
    Change your picks as often as you change your mind. The deadline for final changes is Halloween at midnight.
    In case of ties, the earliest post wins. (this is very important)
    This year as Linus goes to the Pumpkin Patch late, all picks must be in by OCTOBER 27th at midnight, no exceptions. From then until now change your Final Four as often as you like. "Changing" is really the fun in it all as teams win and loose.

Points are awarded 1-4 depending on how many you pick right in no order. If you and Joe pick 3 right, but Joe picks an hour before you, he wins. Time counts as there are only 4 points available.

Who will play?
    Post now and change as needed.

CPT
    In!

Since these will change several times before the deadline, I'll play 'lazy man' and just pick what 'experts' say...which will 100% prove to be wrong...if even two of these remain in my final picks, I'll be floored:

Alabama, Florida State, Ohio State, and USC.
    Supermen....wage a never-ending battle for truth, justice and the American way!

I pick:
    - CLEMSON
    - Florida State
    - Oklahoma
    - Washington

This should not be political, but it is.
    The committee are just people and have shown their colors.
    So far the best teams (Alabama & Clemson & Ohio State & Oregon) were the right choice, so at the end of the day they worked it out.
    They pick the top 6, and that is a mess due to many things.
    They have criteria, but are not consistent with it.

In my too early opinion,
    - Clemson at 12-1 with the ACC Championship is in.
    - Florida State at 12-1 or 11-1 is in
    That flies in the logic of politics as two from one conference is a political "no no".

- Oklahoma has the top QB, and that means a lot. They don't play defense in the Big 12, but some of the high rollers like Baylor and TCU will be less this year. Is this the year Texas comes back?? Right now it looks that the best chance to loose is at KS. They may need to go undefeated to get in, no matter the phony championship game, but they have the schedule to do that.

- Washington has a similiar easy schedule. USC is supposed to be the powehouse, but they don't meet unless in the Championship game.

So where is The Big Ten and the SEC?

-- it is easy to see Ohio State dropping a couple games after the 31-0 loss to Clemson. The same is true for Penn and Michigan. Wisconsin has the out of conference game and the chance to win the Conference in the last game. Can a two loss team make it in?

-- It is the "two loss" deal with the SEC as that seems likely. Alabama has LSU at home, but not Auburn or Florida State. It is not a stretch to say at the end of season, a 3 loss Florida or Georgia in the Conference Championship game that has jelled late, could win the day but not make the cut with 3 losses.

At any rate, expect my choices to change early and often once the teams take the field.

alabama penn (wife has relative there) usc and texas

1-Alabama
    2-Florida St
    3-Washington
    4-Michigan

These are my picks for now but will surely change. I pick Alabama because I am tired of picking against them and being wrong. I am picking Florida St because they are loaded with talent this year. My heart wants to pick Clemson but I am unsure of their Offense. As many are. Washington is one of my picks solely because of their schedule this year. Their new Offensive line is unproven. That will determine that fate. As much as I dislike Harbaugh. I can't deny his greatness as a coach. I think this is his year. I know their schedule is brutal. They play Florida, Penn St, and Wisconsin before they play Ohio St. I think they will only lose one game all season. I think they will get revenge on Ohio St this year at home and make the final four.

Alabama, Washington, FSU, Oklahoma

CPL
    Georgia
    Miami
    Washington
    Oklahoma

It's early so WTH. I got to pull for Ga, I like Mark Ritch, the others have a chance. I'll consult with Tony Barnhart. We are from the same hometown. Changes will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM View Post
    My heart wants to pick Clemson but I am unsure of their Offense. As many are.
    Well, "BLESS YOUR HEART".

Lots of experts are saying that.
    I am a true "HOMER", I not only must pick them right now, I actually am convinced they will make a run.
    Experts say you can't loose the entire offense and be relevant, but last time I checked, GOD still loved DABO.

It is true that Florida State is a monster this year and CLEMSON has to go through them every year. That is a "real" game every year no matter. The looser of the opening Alabama- Florida State game is 100% still in the race, same with the CLEMSON-Auburn game.

Can CLEMSON play with two QBs? Experts say no, but said that about having us having two Offensive Coordinators. On board is a guy who can push the ball with his body (like Tajh Boyd did here) and a couple who can sling the crap out of it. Watson has left the building, but the room is far from bare. There are four guys there who could start at most any program.

CLEMSON lost all the "O", but not really, just the ones people now know about. Guys are here. Running Backs and Recievers are ready. This may be the best "O" line ever at CLEMSON.

Will CLEMSON make a run for the Final Six or Four? I am positive they will, but I am a Homer.
    Are they better than other teams in the top dozen, nope, but their curve will head up as experience is gained.
    It is too early for me to count them out.
    The players are 100% there, as good at every position as any in the nation. This is not a team that is in a "rebuilding year".
    Plus, GOD loves DABO.

Quote Originally Posted by elgrau View Post
    In!

Since these will change several times before the deadline, I'll play 'lazy man' and just pick what 'experts' say...which will 100% prove to be wrong...if even two of these remain in my final picks, I'll be floored:

With only four points to be had, changing is the way to winning and to defeat.
    It is a tricky bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kelly View Post
    Georgia
    Miami
    Washington
    Oklahoma

It's early so WTH. I got to pull for Ga, I like Mark Ritch, the others have a chance. I'll consult with Tony Barnhart. We are from the same hometown. Changes will follow.
    I too have been a fan of Georgia, but kinda less after they fired Ritch. They are just down the road, and like most fans, wish CLEMSON-Georgia met every year.

The Georgia schedule is solid, but gives them a shot. At ND is no big deal, at TN, FLorida, at Auburn.
    It is likely they end up in the SEC Championship game even if they drop a couple.

It is almost the same deal for Miami.

Both of the schools should have a great year.

Wouldn't it be something if GA and Miami both made it? Or possibly GA and Clemson?

Current Vegas Odds to make Final Four

Alabama 5/2
    Ohio State 9/2
    USC 7/1
    Florida State 9/1
    Oklahoma 12/1
    Auburn 16/1
    Michigan 18/1
    LSU 20/1
    Penn State 20/1
    Washington 22/1
    Georgia 25/1
    Clemson 28/1
    Oklahoma State 33/1
    Florida 33/1
    Miami, Florida 33/1
    Wisconsin 33/1
    Louisville 40/1
    Texas 40/1
    Notre Dame 50/1
    Stanford 50/1
    Texas A&M 50/1
    Kansas State 66/1
    Virginia Tech 80/1

I live in my own little world. But its ok, all here know me. Yet, they still let me run a bar tab :)

Clemson
    Florida State
    Ohio State
    Oklahoma State

"And that's all I have to say about that."

Registered Users
    I got to get my picks in. Sorry for the delay, been out of town last two weeks.

I like Alabama, FSU, Oklahoma State and OSU. Sorry bout that guys, but deese are the final four.

If this is wrong let me Know.

---elgrau
    Alabama
    Florida State
    Ohio State
    USC

---Agent Orange
    Clemson
    Florida State
    Oklahoma
    Washington

---Rorschach
    Alabama
    Penn State
    USC
    Texas

---RobertM
    Alabama
    Florida State
    Washington
    Michigan

---Tony Presley
    Alabama
    Washington
    Florida State
    Oklahoma

---Mike Kelly
    Georgia
    Miami
    Washington
    Oklahoma

---TOAD
    Clemson
    Florida State
    Ohio State
    Oklahoma State

---Chilipeps
    Alabama
    Florida State
    Oklahoma State
    Ohio State

Lots of time to join the contest or to change your picks.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast