Thread: New to the neighborhood

I live in my own little world. But its ok, all here know me. Yet, they still let me run a bar tab :)

New to the neighborhood

Since my childhood I have roamed the woods and fields around my home and I have never spied little critter before.

I have seen them often while trout fishing in AQ's neck of the woods, but I have never heard of anyone in this area sighting one.

Name:  YCchipmunk.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  88.7 KB

He is very welcome.
    Sorry for the lousy photo but I couldn't get the little bugger to hold still. And he is very, very fast.

I live in my own little world. But its ok, all here know me. Yet, they still let me run a bar tab :)
    The other night I was lying in bed when I heard my two cats start growling. I got up and went to the kitchen where I found them with their tails bushed up staring out of the window.
    This is the thief they were warning me about.

Name:  YCcoon.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  151.1 KB

So now I am not only feeding swarms of migrating birds and the hordes of squirrels but I have a midnight visitor as well.

I watched him for awhile as he dug around under the feeder. Then he moved on to his real goal, the large fig tree that is planted by the house.
    The figs are turning ripe now and they attract all sort of critters.
    We came home the other night and an opossum was sitting in it's branches. ( The cats weren't happy about that either. )
    During the day the blue jays and other birds peck at the ripening fruit and at night who knows.
    I don't care for figs myself and am happy that the critters eat them before they get too ripe and fall off, as that draws yellow jackets.

After watching the "coon" for awhile I praised and petted my guard cats and went back to sleep, secure with the knowledge that they were on patrol.

Name:  giphy2.gif
Views: 620
Size:  37.3 KB