I am a backyard birdwatcher.
It is a hobby that fits well with my other hobbies, beer, music, and being lazy.

From my tree top porch chair I look over three garden ponds, the biggest is 4000 gallons. Digging those in seems silly to most as my yard backs up to very large lake (950 mile shoreline).

I have had my 'Branch' in since 2012. Birds are as attracted to it almost as much as I am attracted to "Honky-Tonk women". These days I am a spectator both places.

My 'Branch' is actually 6 sections and not cheap. They sell by the section and you can add as many as you require. I mounted it quickly with no thinking, and it has needed attention over the years as I kept saying I needed to rebuilt (but too lazy).
The 'Branch' shames my other water features as to attracing birds. Hell, it shames my thousands of feeders.

I have had 6 sections going since 2012. There are 3 different types of sections. It is very versatile and one could start small and add on. You need a slight hill. I had to make one as my yard slopes the wrong way.
The problem is the units have little tolerance if not on the proper incline. I have had them on dirt. As they sunk or shifted, I had to ocassionally punch in bricks and etc to keep them from rear overflow.
This week my water line busted, so I took it all up and did a better job.
The answer I came while sleeping this week (I sleep and all is revealed to me like magic). I placed them on a board (I used 2X8X8 today). That solves many problems, so unlike me, do that on day one. Now I have to replace some flowers I destroyed at the rear. I would rather be on the porch with binos and beer (well actually I am).

Is this a good system for you? I don't think it works for most, as most don't install it right. Considering the price and how good it has been for years as to attracting birds, it has been a bargain buy for me.
Did I mention it is the best bird attactor I have - including my thousand feeders.
Name:  branch yc2.jpg
Views: 2654
Size:  144.2 KB
Name:  branch yc3.jpg
Views: 2649
Size:  77.6 KB