As I posted on the bird page, have baby Wrens in a nest near my chair. This is common, but never this early. They are in my Palm Tree. That is very good as usually they pick odd and poorly.
Name:  wren.jpg
Views: 1468
Size:  89.4 KB

My Wrens are a mess out here today. My cat Prancy is again gracing me with her presence. Crazy is also here in the other chair.
Wrens (and most birds) feed the young mostly bugs. Bugs are protein. The parents search, catch and haul them to the nest. That is a hard, all day job.

Only one bird here is as loud as a Wren. Today they are not doing the loud song, but are constantly yelling (at me and Prancy?). I think it is more of a kindred call to keep each other motivated as those kids are hunrgry. The cats love this.

I have out freeze dried meal worms most of the time and the Wrens are about the only ones who eat them.
They are hauling them to the nest. I noticed they prefer ones I put in water. I think baby birds get a lot of needed moisture from juicy worms, so rehydration as to my offering is prefered.

As a plus, there is plenty for the parents to eat also. They need no go hungry to feed the kids. They also eat a lot of my suet mix to keep up their energy, but unlike my Wood Peckers, don't appear to be hauling it to the nest.

It would appear the Wrens are lucky to have me and Prancy, but it us who are lucky to have all this entertainment.