Thread: Southern Dirt

Southern Dirt

Living in the "UpState" against the mountains, it seems funny that I have a huge thriving Palm Tree, but I do. It gives my yard a tropical flair. My Carolina Wrens love it as lots of spiders live there.

The Bride gave me a small Orange Tree in a pot as a novelty a few years back. I put it in the yard. Guess what, it produces. This year the batch is a lot. If this tree got all day Sun, I could go into business and challenge Ed's farmer friends.

Name:  orange.jpg
Views: 1021
Size:  132.6 KB

I live in my own little world. But its ok, all here know me. Yet, they still let me run a bar tab :)

Oranges
    growing in the foothills of South Carolina?
    Sounds like some of that global warming I have been hearing about. If not that, then this orange tree must be one of them scary GMOs I have been reading about on the internet.

So "fess up, which is it?

Is this a plant that just somehow ended up in the back of your Jeep while you were taking your master gardening classes at Clemson's Agricultural College?

Or could it be that these oranges are a direct result your interference with nature? What with you putting out hundreds of pounds of bird food every year and unnaturally attracting every bird in the area to one spot, the methane levels coming off all those bird droppings must be astronomical. And this doesn't even take into account the high octane poots from the million or so hummingbirds you attract each year.

Perhaps I should write my congressman about this.
    You know, this could be the proof of global warming that Lindsey Graham needs to propel himself back into the national spotlight.
    Indeed upon refection I think my writing Senator Graham a letter inviting him to visit with you would be a great idea.

I'm sure the two of you would hit it off famously.

SMA
    A private "Galt's Gulch" in a Red state in the South
    I never tried growing oranges here. I grew pineapples one year.
    Name:  stevespineapples2.jpg
Views: 1012
Size:  79.9 KB

Cool! You canning any of extra fruit? I planted a row of junipers along the fence line on laborday at the montana house, plan on planting some fruit trees this spring.