Thread: New Bird House

New Bird House

Black Sheep

It seems like one should not be labeld "black sheep". 'Plural' and 'singular' in one word (sheep) does not seem fitting for an ass hole like myself.
    Toad and his relatives have banned and shunned me. No big deal as I get that reaction from all.
    I am clever enough to change and fit in (aspergers), but I refuse to con people.

Last Winter I did not do my job as to bird houses. To that end, am over compensating to make myself feel better. (maybe aspergers does not extend to critter care?)

In my neck of the America there are many critters who seek bird nests. A nest of young birds is pure protein, and a boost to other critters. I like all my critters, but from the days of 'The Lone Ranger', defend the weak.

To that end decided to put up some new bird houses. I only have a million houses in the yard, but these will be more safe as the Lone Ranger would want that.
    Buy some wood, and nail them up at a cost of maybe $5 each. ---but stop the truck, that is my old way.
    That approach is why my relatives think I don't have feelings.
    Being 'clever' decided to up my game.

I searched the web for the best designs to copy. I found a winner and just bought 3 of those, plus a few others for odd use. That was morew than $5.

These need to be on a pole as critters can climb a tree.
    Poles are cheap - $10 for a 4X4X8.

The best guard I could find was $50. I got a few of those as I already have a couple and know they do the job.

I was thinking, why do all this work and not put a small feeder on toP? No one makes one as good as me. On the web some were there nearly as cheap as I could make and so WTF?

I got in the poles and the houses and the feeders and the baffles and ---?
    A gallon of Stain was $40. No need to go this amount of trouble in the South unless you are willing to coat everything a few times with sealer before installing. I will paint and repaint over the next days.

Now my $5 bird house additions look like this:

Pole --- $10
    house -- $50
    feeder --$65
    paint ---$5
    guard ---$50

Labor is off the chart as not only is my sweat involved, but my years of wisdom need to be compensated.
    At the end of the day, I am putting up a few bird houses at a cost of $200 each. That was not the plan.

I have tried to get an invite to Toad's house, and have failed as I am the 'black sheep' and shunned by family.
    I am OK with that.

After I work this bird house/feeder thing out, will just show up at TOAD's house one day in Decemeber with drills, and diggers, and everything needed. Toad might not come into the yard to greet me with cold beer, but maybe he will not fire the gun. I am going to play it by ear. He does not get to choose his Christmas present.

Photos soon (that don't fit but I like it)
    I am the only guy in a tie

Update since so many seemed interested in this project:

http://yardcrap.typepad.com/yardcrap...rd-things.html