Thread: YardCrapBirds.com

YardCrapBirds.com

I am a long time fan of Backyard Birds. Decades back, one of the best foot racers of all time was a peer of mine -> Dr/Professor Larry Barden. We went at it 'all out' with no quarter given or desired. We both set state records. Then we drank beer. We often traveled to kick each others ass in the same car. You had to bring your "A" game.

He got me inot 'birding'. He would visit "MY" backyard and point out a million things I did not see. He can ID from a sound, even during a run. No one knows birds like Dr Larry. As an early birder had him on 'speed dial'.
    I make home brew as does his son, now also a "Doctor".

I see of my YardCrap friends keep up with my new Bird Blog (or much of my other 'web empire').
    YardCrapBirds.com
    Join in with your own thoughts. Post 'here and there' or join me as a 'regular'. Maybe just post your thoughts in 'comments'? Email me if you have time and interest to become a backyard critter reporter. I can do anything you require on a computer. Us old folk get stereotyped as computer illiterate or addled, but yall know we are the ones best educated due to having real schools and real teachers.

Unlike 'real' experts like Dr Larry, I am most entertained by "MY" birds in my yard I can see from my porch. I know them all. Way over a hundred different have showed near my chair as my exceptional porch music calls them in.
    What is going on at your place?
    I am the only guy in a tie

Check out all these hummers and the frog:

http://yardcrap.typepad.com/yardcrap_birds/

Got a few more birds up.
    My yard is very ac tive now and most of the Winterbirds have not even arrived.
    http://yardcrapbirds.com

No replies to this old post.

I have been noticing a change in the back yard. The doves are back at my little pond. My wife needs to clean it out again and fix the filter. Birds love that little pond as do the squirrels. I can sit on my porch and glance outside and there are always critters at the pond. When the activity slows down I can turn on a sprinkler and birds come from everywhere.