Thread: New Bird Blog

New Bird Blog

My immediate future is to be decided next week and probably includes cutting a hole in my belly and packing my guts back behind an implanted mesh barrier as they have broken free.

The usual Summer down turn on YardCrap Forum is also a result of YC not being what you "one liner" twitter/facebook people use now in the era of "phone media". I don't even know where my phone is.

I like to jog, fish, drink beer, watch birds, and not in that order. I like College Football which is a 'year round' thing for me.

Maybe as I sit on my ass while my guts heal, starting a Bird Blog would entertain me. Few would read as no one would be aware of the incredible content I am sure to post. No matter, it might be a fun outlet for me. Few will post on my crap here as they are scared of the crazy old clown, or think I am "mean".

'YardCrap Birds' has a nice ring to my ears.
    I'll have to pay big bucks to have the banner made, and the thing set up.
    Come to think of it, the Gnomes can do that, and they will work for 'Butter Beer'.

Old Ged (have no idea how old) is a Gnome who will work for Butter Beer.
    He whipped this up, and it took him 15 seconds. I admit it is just a rehash, but no need to make this project real work.

It only cost me one beer and a promise of 10% on any profits made.

Name:  YCBirdbanner1.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  31.2 KB

Tinda heard Ged got free beer and came up from the YC garden. She said it needed a Gnome woman's touch (for only 2 Beers she could help).

Name:  WTF.jpg
Views: 683
Size:  31.0 KB

This project is underway. Now Eldo wants to add some flowers and a gun for only one beer!

'Big BoBo' looks kinda dumb for a Gnome, but he aint.

He came up and offered to post a skeleton start on line for a case of BB.

Before the first bottle was drained, posted this:

http://yardcrap.typepad.com/yardcrap_birds/

I think that is looking OK.

Imagine if I had to pay humans to do this for me -- Moon1

First post is up.

I know changes must be made. Advise me.

Join in and become famous with your own "bird encounters". Just email or PM) your crap, and it will be posted. Thanks for your help.

http://yardcrapbirds.com
    I am the only guy in a tie

I live in my own little world. But its ok, all here know me. Yet, they still let me run a bar tab :)
    Wow! Great photos.
    Your bird sanctuary is looking good.
    I am amazed by sharpness of your photographs.
    I would be ashamed to post the ones I take with my shaky hands.
    I look forward to seeing more photos.
    You should post your recipe for suet on the site.

Thanks Toad.
    I'm glad you like the Bird Blog. Feel free to email me some things from your yard to post there. (For that matter with not much tutoring, you could post them there yourself) Comments can be left at the bottom of each post.

It will give me something to do during August while I sit on my fat ass.

My photos are hit and miss due to lighting. I am sitting in shade and most times shooting across the yard to shade. I don't worry too much if the photos are not great quality as long as I'm having fun. I don't use a tripod, don't know much about camera settings. Every now and then I get a good one.
    We had fun last year with the migration thread, and of those were great photos. Maybe our photos are not worth a "thousand words" but at least a hundred.

SMA
    A private "Galt's Gulch" in a Red state in the South
    Those are fantastic, magazine quality, pictures. I have a bird watching friend in Manchester, England. I hope you don't mind if I share the link to your Bird Blog with him. I know you have a great camera, and with auto focus and auto exposure, you don't have to know much about camera settings.

Please share. Ask your friend to contribute as things are surely differently interesting there.

Quote Originally Posted by TOAD View Post
    Wow! Great photos.
    Your bird sanctuary is looking good.
    I am amazed by sharpness of your photographs.
    I would be ashamed to post the ones I take with my shaky hands.
    I look forward to seeing more photos.
    You should post your recipe for suet on the site.
    Toad, posted your post from here to there - thanks!!

My Bride also asked to add her crap to my last post, and I like that. I don't allow her on the YC Forum, but glad to have her on the blog. In the 90s she was cutting edge as to coding and actually sold a couple web sites to Churches.

Hopefully, some people like you and her will find time and energy to post there under their own byline. It could add millions of $$ to your pocket when this thing goes viral.