Name:  Mrs Turtle.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  128.9 KB

Name:  Mrs Wren.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  115.9 KB

Some are 50 foot away, so not too bad.

CPT
    I just bought a $10 hummingbird feeder....does that qualify me now as a "birder"?
    Ode to 2020 (sung to the tune of "Everybody was Kung-Fu Fighting") - ELG:
    "Everybody was Kung Flu fighting
    This virus panic struck like lightening
    Although the future seemed too frightening
    (Seemed too frightening)
    It's the book of your life that you should have been writing
    (Life that you should have been writing)"

I live in my own little world. But its ok, all here know me. Yet, they still let me run a bar tab :)
    Quote Originally Posted by elgrau View Post
    I just bought a $10 hummingbird feeder....does that qualify me now as a "birder"?
    Yes it does....but you have to actually put sugar water in it and hang it up! Also it is very important to change out the mixture often and keep it clean and free of mold.

Dang! AO Great pictures!
    I have been doing stuff on the computer since early this morning.
    After looking at your view, I have decided that it in now beer thirty. Name:  pint.gif
Views: 675
Size:  5.6 KB
    I think I will grab a cold one and head on out to my screen tent / nature blind.

Nice pictures! You really have yourself a nice little set up there Bill!

SMA
    A private "Galt's Gulch" in a Red state in the South
    Damn, those pictures make me want to upgrade my old 5.1 MP Olympus camera. I went to a birthday party for a neighbor yesterday and everyone seems content with the quality from a smart phone. There wasn't a real camera in the crowd. Not good enough for me, and I'm guessing certainly not good enough for AO. Those are all fantastic pictures.

SMA
    A private "Galt's Gulch" in a Red state in the South
    See what I mean about smart phone photo quality. This was taken with an Iphone. I needed AO with his rig to take a proper picture.Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  60.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Farley View Post
    Damn, those pictures make me want to upgrade my old 5.1 MP Olympus camera. I went to a birthday party for a neighbor yesterday and everyone seems content with the quality from a smart phone. There wasn't a real camera in the crowd. Not good enough for me, and I'm guessing certainly not good enough for AO. Those are all fantastic pictures.

Yea, but the ones posted here are around 100KB. The originals are several MBs and look much, much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Farley View Post
    See what I mean about smart phone photo quality. This was taken with an Iphone. I needed AO with his rig to take a proper picture.Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  60.9 KB

Damn good looking photo as far as I see. (except for that geezer)

I used my Samsung Galaxy S4 to take pictures of our last hunting trip and had a few pictures developed and blown up to 8x10's and they actually turned out pretty decent. I picked up a little Canon SL-1 though shortly after because they could have been much, much better. But still, hanging on the wall the camera phone pictures turned out surprisingly well, even the guy at the camera store where I had them printed was surprised. Of course they're no where near as good as Bill's here..

Quote Originally Posted by jjptkd View Post
    Of course they're no where near as good as Bill's here..
    In the full photos before I reduce them to 100kb, you can see the tiny feathers. Good photos are about light and focus. I don't use a tri-pod but don't shake too much yet. I always sit the shade and shooting into the light is what it is. Shooting into the shade is harder. I don't worry about it all enough to get out of my chair. On an average week I take a lot of photos - don't know why -- but why not? I have some good gear, but taking "magazine quality" is too much trouble and saps the fun, at least for me.
    I am the only guy in a tie

CPT
    Toad wrote "Yes it does....but you have to actually put sugar water in it and hang it up! Also it is very important to change out the mixture often and keep it clean and free of mold."

Been up ~one day and ~1/3 of the "nectar" is gone (it came with a bag of mix enough to make 8 oz of "nectar").

Yes; nice birdie pics, AO!

Name:  IMG_4212 (Medium).jpg
Views: 492
Size:  64.8 KB

Speaking of nature, I was at nice open park near me yesterday with dog and walking down a trail saw sign posted that said "Beware! RATTLESNAKE sanctuary". Only in libtard CA would you see that... Probably find another park to go to as neither I nor my dog wants to get bit by a rattler while roaming through the "wild". I'm sure the snakes wander off the "sanctuary" site whenever they want... A lady was recently bit at Crystal Cove which is only a few miles from this sanctuary!
    (Seemed too frightening)

Quote Originally Posted by elgrau View Post
    neither I nor my dog wants to get bit by a rattler while roaming through the "wild".

The baseball coach at NCSU is a good one and has not missed a game in his 20 years there. He just did. He was walking his dog and got bit on the ankle trying to get the dog away from the snake (Copperhead).
    I am the only guy in a tie

CPT
    Yeah; the Crystal Cove lady had to be in the hospital 3 days for anti-venom treatments. Said first her foot/leg was all tingly and then her whole body started to feel numb...."uncomfortably numb". Wish him well. Obviously the brains of the CA libtards, who think a poisonous snake sanctuary is a good idea to have in a park that dogs and school children frequent, have become comfortably (and totally) numb!
    (Seemed too frightening)