Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tomatos on my Deck

CSM
    This is the first year in many, many years that we have not had a garden where we grow mainly tomatoes and peppers. Hope to be back next spring.

By the way, I have heard of those purple tomatoes but have never grown them because of their looks! Tomatoes are supposed to be RED and ripe and I am happy. A Purple tomatoe may be alright but it just does not look right. The same goes with the meat of watermelons. It should be RED and sweet not Yellow and? ! I am not normal.

I have had those purplish tomatoes and they are really good. They are supposed to be heirloom tomatoes and I have also bought some that were mostly red at a stand and they were referred to as heirloom tomatoes and they were also really good. Don't know the difference. The purplish tomatoes I had at 2 places in Charleston that is a farm to table place and each time they were really great.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Presley View Post
    By the way, I have heard of those purple tomatoes but have never grown them because of their looks! Tomatoes are supposed to be RED and ripe and I am happy. A Purple tomatoe may be alright but it just does not look right. The same goes with the meat of watermelons. It should be RED and sweet not Yellow and? ! I am not normal.
    I agree.
    Still, last year Chuck gave me some of his and they were tasty. They were ugly, but tasty.
    This year I put in two Cherokee Red. Mine have been nothing like Chuck's. They are small and mostly seem to go to mush at 2 inches. I am sure that is me and not the maters.
    I am the only guy in a tie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12