Thread: Clean up Your Crap

Clean up Your Crap

Seems like a good day to -play me some Sarah.
    It is a sunny 80 degrees. I ran 5 miles and since then have been cleaning my Hummngbird crap.

Play this too loud or don't click it !!

Back in December I got a steal on a few of their favorite feeders. I gave the few neighbors who still talk to me (like Fenders) one for Christmas.. I figure the more I get out, the more Hummers will make this area home.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...-garden&sr=1-7

They like red. I use these 14" baffles:
    http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...5&pcatid=22955

I stole a bunch of the baffles on ebay years back. I got about 10 red ones, some other colors and a few extra large green and brown ones all for $25. Some are still unused. It was a store close out.

I got all kinds of HB feeders as the Bride or some one gives me one from time to time. I like them as they are good decoractions ...BUT.. the birds prefer these:

Name:  71NgA9tWKVL._SL1500_.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  35.9 KB

Before you order, give your self a treat and listen to Sarah. If your computer is not hooked to an audiophile system you won't get full effect. In that case just drop by my porch in a couple weeks. We will play Sarah too loud and watch the Hummers. It will give you tingles.

SMA
    A private "Galt's Gulch" in a Red state in the South
    Damn, Sarah sings so pretty, but I think she just cracked my wine glass on one of those high notes.

I live in my own little world. But its ok, all here know me. Yet, they still let me run a bar tab :)

It will hit 85° here today.

All my fruit trees ( apples, peach, pear, and plum) are in bloom.
    The yards here are full of daffodils and yellow bell bushes, and the azaleas are about to pop.
    I see here on the boards that I sighted my first hummer on march 27th last year.
    Could be that because of the warm weather they show earlier this year.
    I think the hummers follow the flowers north, and with that in mind I put out a feeder yesterday.

WTF, if I'm wrong, I just waste a little sugar water.
    If I'm right some weary little traveler can refuel.

I live in my own little world. But its ok, all here know me. Yet, they still let me run a bar tab :)

° and rainy today..... BUT:

My first hummer, a small male is at the feeder.
    Not sure when he arrived but that makes my first sighting one day earlier this year.
    ( Or would that be two days because this is a leap year?)

I have out 11 HB feeders.
    Later on I hope to be on the porch and welcome one in.