WOW !! -- I got a lot of birds out here today. Birds and plants go together. To that end, most plants I prefer have a relation to birds.

I kinda got into plants at a late age. As a younger man, did not have much time except for making $$ for us to get us by.
My only hobby was running and drinking.

Back in the 90's I became hooked on gardening shows (the way folks now are with cooking shows). My garden hero was Paul James, a Master Gardener. Now there are not many (if any) good gardening shows on TV. No matter, when I moved here, enrolled at Clemson for the Master Gardner classes, and now I could do a show as did Paul James except for my looks and personality issues.

I slowly got into this plant thing over the last 20 years. It crept up on me. I had an irreplaceable high school sweetheart living in Arkansas who was a community force in the program, but she died on me this past year.

My favorite plants change with the seasons, but one I really, really like is Primrose.
I have never grown it, just have bought one here and there as an annual.
Most times I see (and buy) some around now. I have not seen any yet.

Primrose is a very large family. If not for the beauty, many might call it a weed. No matter as many of my favorite plants denote horror from my neighbors they might drift into their lawns.

I have never grown Primrose, and those plants I buy never last. I have many things in my yard most people on a visit will not notice. My yard may look like a wild mess, but that aint as easy a look to create as some would think. Plants are fun. Growing them is a good hobby and a challenge.

To that end, I ordered in some primrose seed. I am not decided on how to proceed. The correct way would be seed in a controlled space and re-plant in the yard. Maybe I will do some of that, but also I will just sow and let Mother Nature have a shot. I am undecided as to where I have room to try that. I have a couple acres to play on but -- it is crowded. You would think it is mostly unattended crap, but my yard ain't that.

Name:  primrose.jpg
Views: 1076
Size:  107.3 KB

I live in shade and as I understand it, Primrose can handle some shade. Like almost all plants, it likes rich, moist, well drained soil. That is a difficult combination as irrigation is needed in most Summers. Here we average about 5" of rain each month over a year, but "averages" are from many years, and any individual week/month can be dry. Yearly cycles tend to be feast or famine (wet or dry).

I used to have irrigation many places, but less now as I discovered where to plant what.

Anyway, got in these seeds ($5) and am excited to see what might occur.
I'll get them in before Spring and will post photos if one flowers.