Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
In the back yard today... - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: In the back yard today...

Had a pair of doves here this week:

I used to love listening to the Mourning Doves back in Michigan. Never hear them out hear in Oregon. Nice shots Gary.

MSG
    Nice shots Gary! :applouse: Down here there are quite a few that hang out all year. They like those sunflower seeds too. I'll see them and the squirrels under the bird feeder gleaning what they can from the dropped seeds. When I first put up the bird feeder, they tried to feed from it, but are too big.

Name:  yard rat 2.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  34.3 KBTree Rats!!! Bigg un too!!!
    Life is a roller coaster.....throw your arms up and have fun!!!!!

Have been watching for these guys for a couple weeks. This afternoon was the first time I'd noticed them. Please excuse the lack of focus from my cheap camera.
    Name:  DSCN4366.JPG
Views: 188
Size:  149.8 KB

Attachment 378

That excites me. A couple weeks ---?

I am sending this great photo on to Dr Larry Barden, you know him. If you could narrow it to more than "a couple weeks" - thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post

That excites me. A couple weeks ---?

I am sending this great photo on to Dr Larry Barden, you know him. If you could narrow it to more than "a couple weeks" - thanks.
    Let me rephrase my post so that it is more easily understood.
    I have been waiting for, and actively looking for, the hummingbirds to return to my yard for "a couple weeks." A couple means two.
    Today is the first day that I have seen them at my feeders. Today, as in while I was eating lunch at 2:14 p.m. EDT near N34.8266 W80.6963. Is that narrow enough?

HB

Grant, you know how anal I am.

I am a backyard birder. You don't know that bird crap about me, but you know how hard I would study and leave no stone unturned to beat you in a 5k. I hate that about me, but it is who I am.

When you put up "two weeks" back seeing these, I was crapped out. Now you came clean and my world has order. This is good fun!

Have you (or anyone) seen the Steve Martin bird movie?

The music video of the week is a bust. This week I will add in this great movie.

Still no HBs in my yard.
    I am the only guy in a tie

Grant, you know how anal I am.

When you put up "two weeks" back seeing these, I was crapped out. Now you came clean and my world has order.
    Still no HBs in my yard.
    AO, I am anal about some things, too. One of those things is when I write, or say, something and someone comes down on me like a prosecuting attorney for information that was there, but they did not read, or listen, well enough to see it. There was no, "coming clean." If you will re-read my post from 6:19 PM yesterday, you will see it said, I had "been watching for these guys for a couple weeks." It doesn't say I had been seeing them for a couple weeks. It says I had been on the lookout for them. That was followed by "this afternoon was the first time I'd noticed them." Which indicates I had not seen them before yesterday afternoon.

The HBs should be there anyday now. Keep the feeder filled.

I agree Grant. My aging brain is working poorly these days. I have no excuse.
    I am the only guy in a tie

Not that big of a deal. I probably violated some sort of rule by coming down on the host like that. Plus, my communication skills are lacking from my S.C. education. Everybody knows it's near the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by leftinthedust View Post
    Not that big of a deal. I probably violated some sort of rule by coming down on the host like that. Plus, my communication skills are lacking from my S.C. education. Everybody knows it's near the bottom.

I know for certain Bill has more respect for you standing up like that than if you just layed down and gave up....

I have a lot of respect for him. I never saw him give up, and I have seen him in great pain many times. He is one tough Ass Hole. If you want to play with Grant, bring your "A" game.

I have a lot of respect for him. I never saw him give up, and I have seen him in great pain many times. He is one tough Ass Hole. If you want to play with Grant, bring your "A" game.
    Ha! Thanks Bill, you are too kind. I was never in the class of guys like you, Waldo, Steve or Dan. I seem to recall battling it out with Butch a time or two. But I never quit, and that turned out to be my undoing. Signed up for a 50-miler on the track back in '87 two months before going to Boston. My plan was to run 30 miles, or so, as a training run and then drop out. Got to 30 miles okay, but I couldn't drop out. Had never quit a race before and just couldn't make myself do it. I completed 50 miles, but my training base was not good enough for it. From that point on, I never ran as well as I had before.

Good fun !!

You talk about on a bad day you ran 50 miles instead of 30.
    I get it. It is hard to recover from all out. As I remember, you did, and are just being modest here.

I ran many Marathons, but not many hard as the price was too high, not just physically, but the time it takes for the mind to recover enough to have another go at it.

George Sheehan has a paragraph on it some where that goes something like this-

"When I am in great shape and a friend comes by, I can go with him and do a hard 20 mile race. If it is a Marathon he wants from me, I have to decline until I can train."

Grant, you were at least in my class and above it.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast