Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SEC the best

Quote Originally Posted by elgrau View Post
    Ok, Bill, I can see you just want to continue throwing out emotional crap and don't want to look at the real numbers/facts
    As to "To pick the best teams we need better selection rules and better people on the commitee with a clear vision as to it all."

Clearly, that number is NOT 4 for Div-1 college football; maybe it's 8?).

Elgrau's Ohio State hero thinks elgrau is full of crap.
    Urban Meyer is against expanding the playoff to eight teams

Meyer appeared on The Dan Patrick Show and discussed the idea. He's not exactly for it.

"You can't do that," Meyer said. "Now that I've done it and, once again, there better be coaches on these committees. I think we learned a lesson, you know with all the family travel and there better be student-athlete representation on any conversation and I'm going to be very outspoken about that if there's any more conversation about adding games there better be coaches on that and there better be student athletes."

"You can't," he said. "You better give us 110 scholarships then, because you're down. I can't speak for Oregon, I can speak for Ohio State. That when they added — When they had 85 scholarships there were 12 games. Now there's 15. And the last three they added aren't against smaller — they're heavyweight prizefights. You just can't do it."

More emotional crap?
    I don't think so.
    Ed clearly does not apply logic to most situations, just rails against facts. Of course he may know things that Urban Meyer does not.:rolleyes::bull_head::confused-new:

Quote Originally Posted by elgrau View Post
    Ok, Bill, I can see you just want to continue throwing out emotional crap and don't want to look at the real numbers/facts

Clearly, that number is NOT 4 for Div-1 college football; maybe it's 8?).

Elgrau's Ohio State hero thinks elgrau is full of crap.
    Urban Meyer is against expanding the playoff to eight teams

Meyer appeared on The Dan Patrick Show and discussed the idea. He's not exactly for it.

"You can't do that," Meyer said. "Now that I've done it and, once again, there better be coaches on these committees. I think we learned a lesson, you know with all the family travel and there better be student-athlete representation on any conversation and I'm going to be very outspoken about that if there's any more conversation about adding games there better be coaches on that and there better be student athletes."

"You can't," he said. "You better give us 110 scholarships then, because you're down. I can't speak for Oregon, I can speak for Ohio State. That when they added — When they had 85 scholarships there were 12 games. Now there's 15. And the last three they added aren't against smaller — they're heavyweight prizefights. You just can't do it."

More emotional crap?
    I don't think so.
    Ed clearly does not apply logic to most situations, just rails against facts. Of course he may know things that Urban Meyer does not.:rolleyes::bull_head::confused-new:

CPT
    Twice for "feelings", AO? :snowman:

They can and will go to three playoff rounds....maybe not right away, but eventually logic (and fairness) will prevail.
    Supermen....wage a never-ending battle for truth, justice and the American way!

CPT
    How sweet it is! Now I sort of know how the pro golfer's feel when they walk to the 18th green with a three stroke lead....

And thank God for this new playoff system: last year a 4th place OSU would not even had a chance to play for the championship...and having beat both the #1 and #2 teams, they are clearly the best team this year and this really says how badly a playoff system was needed...
    Supermen....wage a never-ending battle for truth, justice and the American way!

Ohio State spanked that ass!!! Thank God they had those turnovers OSU might have cleared 60!
    CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12