Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clemson Football 2016

Clemson Football 2016

Clemson 2016 Class

2015 is not yet finished, in fact Clemson picked up the #1 player in SC last week when big Albert Huggins had a press conference at his high school and chose Clemson over --> well he had offers from every major program. He was tricky, with other hats on the table. He gave it away when he said, "I want to first thank God for ..." I knew then he was coming to Clemson at that point. His Dad leaned Georgia and his Mom leaned Clemson.

4-star cornerback Mark Fields has decommitted from the shamecocks and we might get him also.

The 2015 class is loaded with most big (huge/quick) kids I can remember! The "o" and "d" lines at Clemson will be among the best in the nation starting around 2016, and next year will be quite good also. Feeding these guys will be a chore.

On to 2016 --

Sean Pollard is only 6'5" and 295, but give the 17 year old high school junior some food and bar bells for his last year in high school, and the kid will grow into a monster/tiger. The NC kid is already ranked at 4-stars, will go to 5 before he graduates.:worked_till_5am:

Pollard_Sean_.jpg

You can above see he is just a Mama's boy. She visited us here and that was it! Mamas like Clemson. Just this week a top Georgia lineman made the news as a hero for breaking up a fight -- in a strip club. (Mamas don't like that).

“Clemson is very family-oriented and I love how close and together they are. They are a Top 25 public school, so they care a lot about education at Clemson. I want to major in economics and minor in business, so it is a good fit.”

“I am a workaholic. A tenacious player who isn't afraid to work and just want to get after it.”

Also in this class is a top QB, another large kid.

Zerrick Cooper is a 4-star QB from Georgia. He is 6'4" and a real talent. He has confidence or he would not commit to Clemson as DeShawn Watson will be the starter for 3-4 years. In the 2015 class are two All-American type QBs, both coming on campus early in a couple weeks.
    This kid wants to compete, and will.
    Welcome Zerrick!!

zerrick-cooper.jpg
    cooper2.jpg

Texas high school football is the best in the World.
    Unfortunately there are about 35 Texas colleges who cull the best. Not too many of the best go out of state.

Still, if we can get one to visit, the allure of upstate SC is hard to top.

Texan J.C. Chalk has committed. The 6'4" 221 pound Tight End will be probably hit Clemson at about 230-35 next year. A redshirt year with the Clemson strength coaches and good Carolina cooking will put him on the field for 2017 at around 250.

Guys of this caliber don't grow on trees.

ARGYLE_JCCHALK_35383700.jpg

It is kinda funny that our football team is taller than the basketball team.

During my short time as a fan of Clemson, things have changed.

Clemson is a little school back in the woods. I live nearby.

Many high school stars don't want to go to a school over a hundred miles from city night life and strip clubs. In their high schools some are super stars and get caught up in their press clippings.
    Recruiting trips to some of the best programs for them include hookers and etc. Nothing is off the table.

Clemson could not compete with that as the fans would not allow it. A kid is moving here for 4-5 years. No thugs are wanted.

Solid players always come in, and over a few years develop into better players. In the ACC, Florida State, UNC, and Miami get the 4 and 5 star kids. In this area Clemson also had to recruit against big programs like Georgia, USC, Alabama, Tenneesee, Florida and etc. We do/did OK with 2 and 3 star guys.

A few years back Tommy Bowden showed up. He was not his Pop.
    I don't thing he was a very good coach, but he was/is a very good man. He changed the culture. He was a Christian man who was proud to say so.:applouse: He surrounded himself with coaches like himself, and over time a couple 4 star recruits who loved God decided to come here to be around people like themselves. It was kinda shocking when a James Davis or CJ Spiller chose Clemson. Sammy Watkins decided if guys like Taj Boyd could choose Clemson, he could. Clemson became a place for the good kids, and many have talent.

Bowden lost his job (not a very good coach) and a young coach he had brought in was tapped for the last few games that season. Bowden had brought in young Dabo because they shared beliefs as to family values. Dabo is still here and the "big name" coach Clemson had intended to bring in was never contacted. It was a fan decision.

Dabo brought in coaches like himself (as Bowden had done). The difference is these guys can coach. Dabo lets them do it. I hope they soon give Dabo a $10 million dollar raise as he is wanted in our community. (actually he gave up $$ to share with assistants).

Dabo don't compete against strip clubs. He don't want kids with those values.
    The surprise has been that there are more kids than believed who want a family values atmosphere to live in for 4 years. Moms want that every time.
    Now Clemson is attracting more 4 star athletes.
    The 5 star guys are still going to Florida State, Georgia, and Alabama.

Clemson is looking at 2015 as "maybe" the 5th year in a row of 10+ wins. Google how many teams are on that list. (4)

Clemson lost all the "D" to the NFL and had no "O" last season. Clemson will field a solid team again this season. "Team" is the word. 10 wins are again in reach even though the schedule is ranked 25th toughest in the nation.
    This will not be a down year. Maybe not ten wins, but the play will be excellent. (I see 12 wins:smiley_simmons:) Next year will be off the chart in expectations as kids Dabo has attracted will have experience and be a year older and a year stronger.

Yesterday a kid from Maryland held an ESPN conference to announce his college for 2016.
    The kid is at IMG which is a private high school in Florida where kids with potential go to play with the best and be coached by the best available.

smith_rahshaun_head.jpg

They have this rising 5 star 17 year old who is off the chart as to football IQ, work ethic, and athletism. He makes good grades too.

The 6-2, 226-pound prospect has over 30 offers from around the country from Alabama, Southern Cal, Ohio St., Oklahoma, South Carolina, Georgia, UNC, Florida State, and everyone...
    His high school team is full of future NFL players (check the alumni). His coach says he is one in a life time. He says that Smith has a focus not normally seen in a teenager and is the kind of player a college program can build a team around.

Yesterday on ESPN internet he and his Mom made their choice.
    No strip clubs for this boy, he is coming to Clemson to play with guys who are like himself.

Smith – the No. 1 rated outside linebacker in the nation by Rivals put on a Clemson hat and said, "First of all, I would like to thank God for letting me be in this position". "And then I would like to thank my mom. She has definitely helped me out and been there for me. She taught me the right things to do in life. And I would like to thank all of the coaches who have helped me."

He is the highest rated player since we got Bowers a few years back. Like Bowers, he will be a perfect fit for Clemson.

Tavien Feaster is the top running back for the 2016 class.
    He is 6 foot and will come to college at 200lbs.

To say he has speed is an understatement.

Tavien Feaster just won the 4A 100 meters and his second straight state title on Saturday with a blistering time of 10.42 seconds. It was the second fastest time in the nation this season.

Feaster also won the 4A 200 meters on Saturday with a new state record of 21.11.

Where will he choose to go to college?
    According to him, he is Clemson bound.

Apparently, Dabo and his fellow students, semi-pro players, college dean, etc., have 'caved' again.
    Clemson student William Ta'oma started a petition on change.org asking Swinney to withdraw, and 1,391 had supported the online petition as of 2:30 p.m. ET Wednesday.
    On Tuesday, GLAAD Vice President of Programs and South Carolina native Zeke Stokes was among the many who asked Swinney to withdraw from the event.
    Dabo also stated that he didn't know the group, he was to speak to, did not 'approve' of homosexual marriage. Laughable, just laughable, as if he was gonna to go in front of a group of people and didn't know their agenda.
    Here's the entire article:
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...aiser-backlash

Moral conviction vs. one's job......moral conviction vs. one's job......decisions, decisions, decisions....

Quote Originally Posted by sundance View Post
    Apparently, Dabo and his fellow students, semi-pro players, college dean, etc., have 'caved' again.

Dabo also stated that he didn't know the group, he was to speak to, did not 'approve' of homosexual marriage. Laughable, just laughable, as if he was gonna to go in front of a group of people and didn't know their agenda.
    Here's the entire article:
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...aiser-backlash

Moral conviction vs. one's job......moral conviction vs. one's job......decisions, decisions, decisions....
    SD you slanted that and posted things not true.
    Like many, I wish Dabo would/could have attended.

"My scheduled participation in this event has been perceived incorrectly as an endorsement of certain viewpoints and has entered the political arena," Swinney said. "After much thought, in order to avoid a distraction for the team and the entire football program, I've decided it is in the best interests of all involved that I not attend the event."

"I have been and continue to be very open about my personal beliefs. However, I do not inject those beliefs or the work of the foundation into the political process."

I too wish Coach Dabo was in a position where he could use his celebrity to spread his thoughts to a wider audience, but that ain't the case. He must keep it in house. Like me, he don't mind if a player is WTF. Why would we care. I don't.
    Coach Dabo is a good coach and a good man.

SD takes joy in attacks on good people. We all know that about him by now.
    It is his nature to try and lift himself up by knocking others down. That builds a shaky foundation for a man to stand on.

I am kinda like SD.
    I have saved every article (there are many, many) as to the incredible corruption at UNC under Coach Roy, Coach Dean, and many others. The facts are not refutable even with spin. I have not posted, just keeping my powder dry until needed.
    Knee jerk was to post now, but that would lower me to SD's level.

~joke~
    I did see where a new 'Music Appreciation" course was started at UNC.
    Athletes enter the classroom and find 'ole Roy' sitting on a stool playing tunes to the class from his ipod. At least now they have to show up for their "A".

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post

This past week Feaster was invited to a NIKE camp at OHS.

“Honestly, I was just making a statement that I am one of the top high school players in the nation,” Feaster told TigerNet. The goal was to avoid to disappointment and I was going to be disappointed if I didn’t run a 4.3. “

He ran a 4.34. For yall in Rio Linda, that is damn fast.

Now he has been invited to the finals in Oregon.
    “I know this is just the first,” he said. “I made a path to the Regionals and now they want to see a little bit more up in Oregon, so now I have to go home and practice, practice, practice to get ready for Oregon so I can go out there and do what I’ve got to do.”
    “I’ve never been to Oregon. I’m just looking forward to getting better,” he said. “I want to prove to myself that I am the best player. I want to go out there and compete. I’m going to make new friends.”

He is now 5'11", 202#s. He still has a year left to play in high school.
    He is also the reigning 100m (10.59) and 200m (21.29) champion in the state of South Carolina.

To put this in some perspective, only one player at even the NFL combines ran faster than this 17 year old did last week.
    We have had faster at Clemson, but he will improve. Plus, he has a solid "football" build, not some skinny kid like most with this speed.

Ah, 'kill the messenger; hide the message.'
    I kinda expected a somewhat more 'thoughtful' reply; but age diminishes ones' abstract thinking.
    One can read the article and formed their own opinion.
    My 'opinion' was that anyone of his stature would investigate the group to which he was going to address. No, I'm not 100% sure that he did, oked the invitation and accepted the invite.
    Then his detractors used it to embarrass him and he fell into the trap.
    I don't make his millions; but I would have told them 'go screw yourselves.'
    I just read a good article by Patrick J. Buchanan that addressed a somewhat similar dilemma.
    And as the mission of this Jesuit university is, presumably, to instruct the Catholic young in their faith and send them out into the world to bring the good news of Jesus Christ as Lord and savior to nonbelievers, what exactly is the problem here?According to SLU Assistant Vice President for Communications Clayton Berry, “some faculty and staff … raised questions about whether the sculpture is culturally sensitive.” Senior Ryan McKinley is more specific: “The statue of De Smet depicts a history of colonialism, imperialism, racism and of Christian and white supremacy.”
    But if the founder of Christianity is the Son of God, then Christianity is a superior religion. What Ryan and those faculty and staff seem to be ashamed of, uncomfortable with, or unable to defend, is the truth for which Saint Louis University was supposed to stand.

But simply because they are cowardly, or politically correct, why should that statue be going into the SLU art museum? Why should not they themselves depart for another institution where their sensitivities will not be assaulted by artistic expressions of religious truths?
    The message the SLU president should have given the dissenters is simple: We are a Catholic university that welcomes students and faculty not of the faith. But if you find our identity objectionable, then go somewhere else. We are not changing who we are.
    But the best quote is:
    (Luke 12:8-12)
    32Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. 33But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
    And to paraphrase Mr. Toad's signature closing:
    'that's all I got go say about that.'

Quote Originally Posted by sundance View Post

And to paraphrase Mr. Toad's signature closing:
    'that's all I got go say about that.'
    retards- go tigers

Tavien Feaster just won the 4A 100 meters and his second straight state title on Saturday with a blistering time of 10.42 seconds. It was the second fastest time in the nation this season.

Feaster also won the 4A 200 meters on Saturday with a new state record of 21.11.

Good article on Feaster:

SPARTANBURG – Tavien Feaster was an interested observer of last week’s Heisman Trophy ceremonies and was disappointed that Deshaun Watson didn’t leave New York as the winner. But seeing a Clemson player on the podium for the finale let the 2016 Tiger commit know that he could one day be in the same position.

Watson finished third in the balloting, behind Alabama’s Derrick Henry and Stanford’s Christian McCaffrey, but Feaster is still a big fan of the Clemson quarterback.

"Man, he's phenomenal. He's only a true sophomore so it’s only his second year out of high school and about 20 years old and to do all of that as a young man; he represents himself really very well,” Feaster said after Wednesday’s Shrine Bowl practice. “He's a well-rounded guy, nice and respectful. Him just being in the Heisman running early as it is for him, it's phenomenal, and I think he is an absolute beast."

One plus for Feaster was that a running back broke the run of quarterbacks who have won the award.
    “I was kind of disappointed that Deshaun didn't win it but it was definitely a plus for the running backs,” Feaster said. “Because a running back won it, and he (Henry) is a phenomenal running back. He is a workhorse. That was definitely a plus for the running backs, for one of us to be nominated.”
    Feaster will enroll in Clemson over the summer and should be a factor in Clemson’s offense next season. Does he see himself having a chance to make a run at the trophy?

“I definitely dream things like that. Deshaun did it, and they told him he was going to do it during one of his campaigns,” Feaster said. “I hope he goes back next year and wins it. As long as I stick to my plan, I think I have a good shot of being up there."

Feaster will likely be in a backup role to starter Wayne Gallman next season, but he’s okay with that.

“He (Gallman) has played tremendously this year. He has been absolutely phenomenal,” he said. “He is a little nicked up right now, but he is pushing it. He's carrying the load. He is doing it by himself - over 1000 yards this year. That is phenomenal. They said Clemson didn't have a back, so really for him to step up and show people what he can do for them it was tremendous."

Running backs coach and co-offensive coordinator Tony Elliott hasn’t made any promises to the nation’s number one running back for the 2016 cycle.

"He is just telling me to come in and work hard and prove myself to everybody,” Feaster said of Elliott. “Just because I have a five-star rating, it doesn't mean anything when I step on campus. He said straight business - classroom, on the field. He just wants me to be the best all-around man that I can be.”
    Feaster would have enrolled early at Clemson if not for Spartanburg’s block schedule, but the added few months as a Viking will give him a chance to pursue a few more state championship rings in track. He also wants to run track at Clemson, and he told TigerNet his ability to run in space will make him dangerous as a receiver next season.

“I can definitely catch the ball out of the backfield, like how they spread Wayne out as a receiver,” he said. “I think I can catch for them as a running back. I can get mismatches with a linebacker one on one. Just be one of those guys that’s supposed to pop one to the house early.”

At the end of the day, however, he wants to run the football, and he’s been impressed with the Tigers’ commitment to the run this season.
    “Against Florida State, they were giving Wayne the ball. Finally, he popped one and got it in the endzone,” he said. “For them to start running the ball for these last couple of games and this year, it was tremendous being a running back. People say they are a spread team, but Wayne is going to get it about 20 times a game, so that is pretty good."

Good article on Feaster:

SPARTANBURG – Tavien Feaster was an interested observer of last week’s Heisman Trophy ceremonies and was disappointed that Deshaun Watson didn’t leave New York as the winner. But seeing a Clemson player on the podium for the finale let the 2016 Tiger commit know that he could one day be in the same position.

Watson finished third in the balloting, behind Alabama’s Derrick Henry and Stanford’s Christian McCaffrey, but Feaster is still a big fan of the Clemson quarterback.

"Man, he's phenomenal. He's only a true sophomore so it’s only his second year out of high school and about 20 years old and to do all of that as a young man; he represents himself really very well,” Feaster said after Wednesday’s Shrine Bowl practice. “He's a well-rounded guy, nice and respectful. Him just being in the Heisman running early as it is for him, it's phenomenal, and I think he is an absolute beast."

One plus for Feaster was that a running back broke the run of quarterbacks who have won the award.
    “I was kind of disappointed that Deshaun didn't win it but it was definitely a plus for the running backs,” Feaster said. “Because a running back won it, and he (Henry) is a phenomenal running back. He is a workhorse. That was definitely a plus for the running backs, for one of us to be nominated.”
    Feaster will enroll in Clemson over the summer and should be a factor in Clemson’s offense next season. Does he see himself having a chance to make a run at the trophy?

“I definitely dream things like that. Deshaun did it, and they told him he was going to do it during one of his campaigns,” Feaster said. “I hope he goes back next year and wins it. As long as I stick to my plan, I think I have a good shot of being up there."

Feaster will likely be in a backup role to starter Wayne Gallman next season, but he’s okay with that.

“He (Gallman) has played tremendously this year. He has been absolutely phenomenal,” he said. “He is a little nicked up right now, but he is pushing it. He's carrying the load. He is doing it by himself - over 1000 yards this year. That is phenomenal. They said Clemson didn't have a back, so really for him to step up and show people what he can do for them it was tremendous."

Running backs coach and co-offensive coordinator Tony Elliott hasn’t made any promises to the nation’s number one running back for the 2016 cycle.

"He is just telling me to come in and work hard and prove myself to everybody,” Feaster said of Elliott. “Just because I have a five-star rating, it doesn't mean anything when I step on campus. He said straight business - classroom, on the field. He just wants me to be the best all-around man that I can be.”
    Feaster would have enrolled early at Clemson if not for Spartanburg’s block schedule, but the added few months as a Viking will give him a chance to pursue a few more state championship rings in track. He also wants to run track at Clemson, and he told TigerNet his ability to run in space will make him dangerous as a receiver next season.

“I can definitely catch the ball out of the backfield, like how they spread Wayne out as a receiver,” he said. “I think I can catch for them as a running back. I can get mismatches with a linebacker one on one. Just be one of those guys that’s supposed to pop one to the house early.”

At the end of the day, however, he wants to run the football, and he’s been impressed with the Tigers’ commitment to the run this season.
    “Against Florida State, they were giving Wayne the ball. Finally, he popped one and got it in the endzone,” he said. “For them to start running the ball for these last couple of games and this year, it was tremendous being a running back. People say they are a spread team, but Wayne is going to get it about 20 times a game, so that is pretty good."

A Mother's tale:
    It always pays to be nice to people because it’s the right thing to do.

Back in December of 2010 Latasha Mcelrath was working at the Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas banquet. In attendance were South Carolina head coach Steve Spurrier and Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney. She said that she didn’t follow sports and really didn’t know who either man or what team they coached.

"I met Coach Spurrier, and I thought it was interesting that people were lining up for his autograph and asking him to sign things. I just didn't know who he was. I was pouring his tea and giving him his rolls, and I said, 'Oh, so you're a football coach?' 'I think my son is going to play football for you one day.' And he was like, 'Uh-huh. That is every young boy's dream, to play college football.' And I was like, ok, wow. So I thought he was really kind of rude. “

“I went on to the next person, which was Coach Swinney,” she said. “Everybody was telling me that he was the new coach at Clemson and how he was such a nice guy, and he was right from the moment I met him. I asked him if he liked sweet tea, and then I asked him how he was doing. He told me he was doing well. And then he gave me a pat on the back. And then I told him, 'My son is in the seventh grade and he is pretty good in football. He is going to play football for you one day.' Coach Swinney said, 'Bring him on! We would love to have him.' And I said, ok, he is going to play football for you.

Fast forward a few years:
    According to Mcelrath, Swinney apparently didn’t forget the encounter.

“On my first visit to Clemson and the campus, Coach Swinney actually told Tavien as a joke that your momma told me you were coming,” she said. “We all laughed about that. Tavien asked me on the way home if Coach Swinney remembered that. I told him I didn't know, but he said he did.”

“Tavien was always quiet and he never talked a lot, so I am glad he can go somewhere and just be himself,” Mcelrath said. “Clemson coaches made me feel good about his academics and being responsible and what they will tolerate and won't tolerate. I am a helicopter parent and I don't want to let go, but they made feel better about letting go and letting him stand on his own.”

This year, she will attend the Shrine banquet as the parent of the nation’s top running back, and she said she feels like she’s come full circle. But she also doesn’t think Swinney would treat her any different.

"I want to go to that banquet because I remember working it," she said. "I used to work every day and I remember catering the meals and being around everybody. From having big dreams of having my seventh grader having dreams of playing football to going off to college to play football, I am speechless. It's like a dream."

As I posted, have no idea why in the Alabama game we could not kick to the end zone. It bit us hard when they ran one back and we lost by 5.
    How hard can it be to find or train a kicker?:confusion:
    Clemson was 124th out of 127 teams nationally in long kickoff return plays.

Not a kicker per say, but a brutal force linebacker has chosen Clemson over his local Oklahoma schools.
    Unlike a kicker he will take the field at Clemson as a line backer around 240#s.

bigguy.jpg

The 18 year old giant wants to try out for the job of kickoff specialist also.

The best talent assessor I have have every known is DABO. (yes I have met him a few times).
    “I will say this about Skalski. This kid is one of the best athletes we have coming in this class,” Swinney said. “He is a great athlete. An incredibly competitive soccer player and he has been his whole life. He wants a chance to win the job as the kickoff guy. That would be like playing with 12 with your kickoff guy who is also a linebacker.”

Skalski said. “I've been playing soccer my whole life. It was the first sport I loved, and I still love it today."

At 17 he made a 56 yard field goal. As for kickoffs, he’s confident that with a little work on his technique he can consistently create touchbacks. “I don't really train really hard to be good at kickoffs. I just have a really strong leg from working out and my technique from knowing how to kick it soccer style."

He also has a 38.5 vertical if the basketball team needs a re bounder.
    His main job will be stopping the best in America as they try to cross the line. I think he is up to the task.
    Maybe he will help us in other ways also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast