Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: BACKYARD BIRD CONTEST

This was fun, at least for a few.
    If there is interest, we could do it again covering April, May, June. The birds will be changing over then and that is very interesting as the old leave and the new arrive.

Being more vigilant many more could have been added, at least on my count:
    mockingbird
    catbird
    different hawks
    turkey buzzard
    black buzzard
    flicker
    song sparrow
    junco
    yellow rumpled warbler
    creeper
    Red Kinglet
    Brown thrasher
    red-breasted nuthatch
    --- others, many others are about.

It kinda pisses me off that I have no Song Sparrows and no Juncos which are normal staples of my winter garden. damn al gore.

Do I get any votes for a Spring contest?
    Surely some of us learned something about WTF is in our yard, but there is a lot more going on.

+ one vote

I live in my own little world. But its ok, all here know me. Yet, they still let me run a bar tab :)

Dang! I was getting ready to beat you on this contest, but got distracted by the holidays and forgot to post my final sightings.

I saw 14 different kinds of brown and black feathered birds.
    Also there were 10 brownish / blackish kinds with some white on them, and a bunch with dabs of yellow and or goldish tint.
    I even saw a few with black, brown, gold, orange and white.

I had flocks of geese, ducks, and long legged birds fly over.
    I had one flock of a several hundred pass over so high they were just little black dots. ( I think they were yellow beaked split tail fly catchers.)

I'll get you this year!
    I do enjoy looking at your post and photos.

The first real cold weather of the year is moving south this week.

I hope all will put out some seed & suet, and break the ice on the watering hole for our feathered friends.

Quote Originally Posted by TOAD View Post

Dang! I was getting ready to beat you on this contest, but got distracted by the holidays and forgot to post my final sightings.
    Me too. As soon as things calmed (and the contest was over) my Creeper and my Mockingbird arrived. That would have given me 40. 50 would not have been unexpected, but most all of mine were seen from my windows or sitting on my porch. The birds are here (and at your place).
    The road side of my home has big Oak trees and along the lake is a bird magnet.
    I am the only guy in a tie

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456