Quote Originally Posted by sundance View Post
Mighty nice setup AO.......tried to talk da huss into an out door pond, waterfall, etc......so far....naw (I do have an endless bird fountain though)
......of course, I'll pirate your ideas for later.........
Old guys need projects to stay vibrant.
If possible, I would like to be a part of this.

Outdoor ponds are fun and easier to maintain than aquariums.

You know an expert in most phases of it --> Me.
I don't know anyone who can do it better or has more trial and error experience (the best way to learn).

I also have a crap load of equipment like pumps, tubings and fittings in the shed. It is the little crap that runs up the cost, not the hole in the ground.
I'll donate all that. (trade for beer) I can sleep in the Jeep.

I say we put one in at your mansion this fall.:cool: (I hate to dig, so try to keep me out of that)

Planing and building are as much fun as having.
Lets fantasy plan.:)
This could be fun for many on YC.

First off you need to choose location.
I know you have a swimming pool, but this is different.

If possible, it should be in a place you can observe often for the "joy factor".
Mine are below my chair. I watch them more than I do TV as fun things change there constantly by season. I have a pond, a chair in the shade, and a tiny outdoor fridge/freezer for adult beverages.

Also, location counts as to how much SunShine is there. There is no best, but the application difference in "SUN" or "SHADE" is extreme. Partial shade is best most times, but it is easy to plant a tree in the right place. Mine have lots of shade, and I have limbed trees until I can no longer get up there. I brought in a guy to take out a few trees last year, and he did not want the job because a bucket truck could not be brought in. It made me think of our cop buddy Tom Smith who had a son who climbed trees and was always pawning his gear. Those guys are rare.

Actually, the more shade the easier a pond is to maintain. Still, compared to an aquarium - easy crap. (I'll go into why later) I would like more Sun, but not too much.

So, look around and pick a location.
Next up we will talk size.