Name:  aYClostfriend.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  100.6 KB

I lost a friend the other week.

We had two cats in the house and they divided my wife and myself up between them.

The smaller cat with the white bib in the picture claimed my wife. Even though I am here all day she pretty much ignores me. But is always watching out the front window waiting for the wife to come home for lunch or from work. Then she rushes to the backdoor to greet her.

The other larger one lived up to her name of Shadow. She followed ME everywhere.
I couldn't put a number on the amount of times I fussed that if she didn't stay out from under my feet she would end up killing us both.
She lay on the bed and watched TV with me.
I kept a folded beach towel by my computer for her to lay on as she napped while I wasted countless hours on the internet.
She was a good companion that always cheered me up and I will miss her deeply for a long time

She started to lose weight, and I took her to the vet. They did test and gave her some shots. She perked up, but lost more weight. Back to vet, blood work, shots, Amoxicillin to give her at home. Still losing weight, more test finds what I already know, cancer. She just grew weaker and weaker and passed away peacefully at home.

Every time I lose a pet I swear I will never have another, as the inevitable day of losing them hurts so bad.
But somehow one always just seems to adopt me. I don't go looking for them they just turn up and move in.