Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clemson Football 2015

Clemson Football 2015

I am eager for 2014 Clemson Football to start, but to be honest, the class of 2015 recruits (which will hit the field in 2016) is stealing the luster.
    Never in Clemson history has a class like this been assembled.
    I know the big programs do it every year and do it better, but for Clemson, this is just amazing!!!

These are 17 year old kids with another season to play in high school. look at the size on these kids. They are tall and some will pack on 20-40 pounds of muscle before they are prime time players for Clemson at 20 years. They are not fat, but fast and athletic.

3lineman_camp_700.jpg

LaSamuel Davis DE 6-4/215 Bamberg, SC
    Tanner Muse LB/S 6-4/205 Belmont, NC
    Garrett Williams TE/DE 6-4/215 Orlando, FL
    Kelly Bryant QB 6-4/205 Piedmont, SC
    Kaleb Chalmers CB 5-11/170 Greenwood, SC
    Mitch Hyatt OT 6-6/270 Suwannee, GA
    Noah Green OT 6-5/275 Boiling Springs, SC
    Van Smith ATH/RB 6-0/170 Charlotte, NC
    Shadell Bell WR 6-3/190 Decatur, GA
    Deon Cain ATH 6-2/200 Tampa, FL
    Chad Smith OLB 6-4/215 Sterling, VA
    Tucker Israel QB 6-0/195 Orlando, FL
    Sterling Johnson DT 6-4/265 Clayton, NC
    Jake Fruhmorgen OT 6-5/280 Tampa, FL
    Gage Cervenka DT 6-3/280 Greenwood, SC
    Zach Giella OT 6-6/285 Augusta, GA
    Juwuan Briscoe RB/CB 6-1/185 Waldorf, MD
    Clelin Ferrell DE 6-5/220 Richmond

These big linemen are now drawing others who want to line up with them, and a few more of the best in the nation will be joining them.
    Nothing like this group has hit Clemson before.

We already have the nation's top rated "future" QB on campus now to play with these guys and this class includes Tucker Israel who is projected up there with the best.

I see at least two more top rated giants joining this class.
    If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
    Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away. - Thoreau

Ok I'm getting excited. By the time the fifth game rolls around I will be thinking National title , providing they are 4-0 of course. You know I can pumped up Bill and your post adds fuel to my fire. Since I became a Clemson fan I'm back to yelling at the TV, I haven't done that in years.
    CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop65 View Post
    Ok I'm getting excited. By the time the fifth game rolls around I will be thinking National title , providing they are 4-0 of course. You know I can pumped up Bill and your post adds fuel to my fire. Since I became a Clemson fan I'm back to yelling at the TV, I haven't done that in years.
    You read too fast.
    These guys are the future.
    This year after 5 games we might be 3-2, but only if we get by UNC.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11067080
    If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
    Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away. - Thoreau

Noah Green spent most of last week at The Opening at Nike’s world headquarters n Beaverton, Oregon, and he more than held his own.

Green said that being chosen as one of the best players in the nation was an honor, and he feels like he benefited from the experience.

Green then said that he didn’t have many doubts that he would more than hold his own against the nation’s best defensive line prospects.

“I tried to go out and not be cocky, but I was confident,” he said. “I did my best. I got beat a few times and I won a few times. In the end, hopefully I got better because that was the goal.”

Adding to the experience was spending time with fellow 2015 line commit and future Clemson teammate Mitch Hyatt , regarded by many as the nation’s top offensive line prospect.

“We roomed together. I was with him the whole time,” Green said. “It was good to get to know him a little bit better. “I think he's going to be a great player. He's going to play for a long time.”

Clemson will be good this year, maybe not as good as before, (but that remains to be seen).

Yesterday they added to this incredible 2015 class the #28 player in the nation - Ray McCloud from Florida.

I am not saying Clemson is in a rebuilding year, but am saying they are ready to explode by 2016 when these guys line up.

Again, not saying "wait until next year" as the team this year is top 20.
    I love CLEMSON FOOTBALL as they do it right here by recruiting guys who are good citizens and want to excel. Come to Clemson and "earn" a degree that has meaning.

-mostly from tigernet:

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney says he still doesn’t feel comfortable talking about high school prospects six months before national signing day, but that didn’t stop him from smiling Friday when talking about the 13 recruits that signed financial aid agreements with the school.

Last year, the NCAA said that a prospect who intends to graduate from high school in the middle of an academic year and enroll early at a university may sign a financial-aid agreement on or after Aug. 1 of his senior year. This allows high school midyear-graduating seniors to sign scholarship papers six months before the letter-of-intent signing period opens in February.

For yall in Rio Linda, that means they skip their Senior Prom and enroll at Clemson in Jan instead of June. That gives a kid time to adjust to college life (which can be hard for a 17-18 year old) and learn the program, get into a new daily life. It is a huge advantage. You can't do that in some high schools, but at some you can. Also, you need to go to extra classes as a JR, SR, go to summer school, and get good grades. It ain't for most. Generally kids going to places like Duke, Vanderbilt, Clemson, Northwestern already meet that.

Last Friday, 13 Clemson commitments signed the financial aid papers.

Bios on the mid-year enrollees

Shadell Bell, WR, Decatur, GA
    rated as #31 receiver in the nation by ESPN

Kelly Bryant, QB, Piedmont,S.C.
    #13 Dual Threat quarterback in the nation by ESPN.com As a junior at Wren High School, SC, he threw for 2,800 yards and 28 touchdowns against just nine interceptions...rushed for 1,200 yards and 19 scores as well as a junior, giving him 47 total touchdowns in 2013...cousin of former Tiger and current Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Martavis Bryant

Kaleb Chalmers, DB, Greenwood, S.C.
    #27 cornerback in the nation by ESPN.com...had 80 tackles, four interceptions and 12 passes broken up as a junior at Greenwood High

Jake Fruhmorgen, OL, Tampa, Fla
    #4 offensive tackle in the nation

Zach Giella, OL, Augusta, GA
    #31 offensive tackle in the nation by ESPN.com, giving Clemson four of the top 31 in the nation in this recruiting class

Noah Green, OL, Boiling Springs, S.C.
    #15 offensive tackle in the nation by ESPN

Mitch Hyatt, OL, Suwanee, GA
    Unanimous 5-Star prospect...actually named a five-star before his junior year...nephew of former Clemson All-ACC defensive tackle Dan Benish, a starter on Clemson’s 1981 National Championship team....a consensus top 25 player in the nation

Tanner Muse, DB, Belmont, N.C.
    #31 safety in the nation
    A kid who lives near Sundance !!

Chad Smith, LB, Sterling, Va.
    #24 outside linebacker in the nation by ESPN

Van Smith, RB, Charlotte, N.C.
    #42 athlete in the nation by ESPN

Garrett Williams, TE, Orlando, Fla.
    #2 tight end/H back in the nation by ESPN

These are just the guys leaving high school early and coming in January. Great ones will also be arriving later when they graduate normally.
    These are kids who still have their Senior year to play in high school.
    It is just incredible these kind of guys are coming to Clemson.
    One thing that runs through the the thread of all of them as they talk about it is that it is "OK" to come to Clemson if you are a fan of GOD. Dabo is the real deal. Parents are eager to send their kids to Dabo, even the head coach of GA did that.
    The last few years have been about "good" kids wanting to come here and play side by side with "good" kids.
    Let Florida State and Georgia deal with the criminals. Loosing with these kids would be better (but we won't).

Kids like this want to show up and play. In a good program (like Clemson) few will. These kids will have time to learn and grow before being thrown into the fire in maybe 2016-17. All think they are exceptions, and I hope they all are, but I have patience.

Tucker Israel is a QB in the football recruit rich state of Florida.

israel_tucker_oandw_700.jpg

One week after becoming the first Florida high school quarterback to throw for more than 600 yards in a game, he did it again this week.

His nine touchdowns were just one off the state record – held by Israel. He threw 10 touchdowns in a game in his his freshman season.

With the season still underway, he leads the state of Florida with 3,097 yards and 39 TD passes this season.

His college of choice is CLEMSON. He likes how a guy at Clemson can just be himself.

“My mindset is to step on campus and compete for the starting job every day,” he said. “If somebody beats me out and they are more deserving, then so be it. But if you are a backup or a starter you are either one play away from playing or not playing, so you need to be prepared at all times.”

As incredibly awesome as that sounds, he is actually rated below another QB also committed to Clemson (see Kelly Bryant in post above) , and we already have Watson on Campus.
    The future for Clemson and these kids looks very bright.

In sports the term “cookin” is reserved for a player who goes on a scoring spree or gets hot during a game and makes big plays on the offensive end.

This week’s “Chef of the Week” award goes to Lake Nona (Orlando) quarterback Tucker Israel for his 630-yard, nine-touchdown performance in Lake Nona’s 73-22 romping of Celebration (Kissimmee, Fla.).

------USA TODAY

:applouse::applouse::applouse::applouse::applouse: :applouse::applouse:

CRAP !!!

The 2015 TIGER class keeps improving.
    A bunch left high school early and came on campus this month. These kids graduated high school early cause they are smart and on a mission. This ain't the pros folks, just kids.

Early_enroll_700.jpg

These are 17-18 year old kids with size and brains. This is the "real deal" as to college players. In years ahead, just forget about Clemson being blown off the line, not going to be a thing.

A few of the best who had not committed now have. All have until Feb 4th.
    I think we are now full.
    This is the best class ever to attend Clemson.
    I know they won't be much help this next season, but the future is so bright it is blinding.

This week another of SD's neighbors (MarK Fields) decided to be a Tiger:
    B7xbBWhCUAIspvH.jpg large.jpg I know he does not look like a Clemson kid, but we can point him right.

Another is Garrett Williams of Orlando:

Williams_Garrett_camp_700.jpg

Look at the legs on that boy and imagine him after growing to a man over the next two years with SC cooking.. Would you want him coming for you with bad intent?

SD's Belmont neighbor, Tanner Muse, stayed in high school to play baseball. He will play both at Clemson. This is a serious kid on a mission with upside off the chart.

muse_tanner_head.jpg

SD is being slowly forced to be a Tiger fan. Welcome. God may not favor Clemson above others, but we favor God.

GO TIGERS !!

From ESPN' s way to early top 25 list today.

2014 record:*10-3, 6-2 ACC

Returning starters:*7 offense, 3 defense, 1 special teams

Key personnel losses:*DE*Vic Beasley, DT*DeShawn Williams, DT*Grady Jarrett, OT*Kalon Davis, G*David Beasley, LBStephone Anthony, S*Robert Smith, LB*Tony Steward

The skinny:*After losing three starters on the offensive line and its entire defensive front, Clemson's biggest priority in recruiting was rebuilding both of its lines. The Tigers filled those needs in a big, big way. The Tigers were able to land three of the country's top 11 offensive tackles (Mitch Hyatt,*Jake Fruhmorgen*and*Noah Green) and two of the top 15 defensive tackles (Christian Wilkins*and*Sterling Johnson). They also landed two highly coveted skill players in receiver*Deon Cain*and tight end*Garrett Williams. A lot of eyes will be on Clemson's offense this spring, as it begins to move on without former offensive coordinator Chad Morris, who is now SMU's head coach. QuarterbackDeshaun Watson, who underwent surgery in mid-December to repair a torn ACL, isn't expected to participate in spring practice.
    CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!

It is very difficult for high school players to show up and start on either line. There is just to much to learn and the game moves a lot faster.
    In high school they were a big fish in a small pond, now they become a guppie in a lake.

One mark of a poor program is having to start freshmen on the line. You want to reshirt them if possible.
    This class will begin to take over in 2016 and then just get better for four more years. Hopefully the upper class guys will remain healthy enough through this season to make that possible for most of these 2015 guys.

It is almost certain that at least one of the new QBs will be playing and not redshirting as getting a starting QB through an entire season is very hard at this level.

One thing not reported much was as the guys of 2015 signed, a guy for the class of 2016 also committed, the nation's #1 running back. The future is bright.

Current Vegas odds:

National Championship Odds

Ohio State 9/2
    TCU 8/1
    Alabama 9/1
    Baylor 17/1
    USC 18/1
    Oregon 20/1
    Auburn 20/1
    Clemson 24/1
    Michigan State 24/1
    UCLA 25/1
    Oklahoma 25/1
    LSU 26/1
    Florida State 30/1

Per CBS Sports, Clemson finished last season like this:

FBS Ranking Offense Defense
    Rushing 146.5 (87th) 103.4 (5th)
    Passing 261.8 (39th) 157.4 (2nd)
    Overall 58th 1st

Clemson finished 10-3.
    Some games it appeared there was zero offense, but the defense was beyond all expectations.
    We could not run or pass, but no one could do it well against us. The defense was as good as I have seen at Clemson.

Those "D" guys left for the NFL or graduated. Spring practice has been seeing how their replacements would work out. Daily reports come out and there have been expected problems as these guys learn their roles and the coaches plug them in places to see what works. Leaders need to step up. Right now I am worried about --just kidding -- I'm not worried at all.
    Sure, these guys may not be #1 in the USA again this year, but they will a powerful, frightening unit by kick off. They might not be #1 in the USA, but could be the best in the ACC.
    Right now they are already better than the Clemson offense they are practicing against.

How is the offense looking? It has to be better than #58 like last year.

It appears the offensive line will be better. Next year when this years true freshmen are ready, it might be top ten. This year it will be improved. I don't think many teams will push them around. They are bigger and more athletic. The offensive line might be the most difficult position to play as you have to be strong and smart. You have to work as a unit. I think we have one now forming. This will be a better unit. Next year a unit will be lining up to remind one of the old "Steel Curtain" Bradshaw played behind. This year will be an improved, capable unit.

That being the case, the running game which was 87th last year should improve. The same guys will be carting the ball as last season. The hurt ones will be back. While still a young group, they are a year older/stronger/smarter. Clemson will run the ball this year. This is not a team where Davis and Spiller will line up for us, but instead, one where there are many, many backs who want the ball. The break away speed may be a little less, but the muscle hitting the holes for positive yards will be off the chart. Put this in your book from a homer:smiley_simmons: --> Clemson will run the ball well this season. Maybe not as well as a Georgia, but well. Maybe no back will run for a thousand or become a house hold name, but look for them as a group to keep the chains moving forward. A move from 87th to top 25 seems likely.

As to passing, all I can say is I don't know. Last year we were 39th. This year we are salivating for kick off.
    All the experts claim this year's QB might be the best in the nation. He is young and has little experience so lets just tone that down and say he is OK. Many locals say he might be the best player ever to arrive at Clemson. That is a lot of praise and expectations on a teen who had knee surgery and is still not practicing.

What I know is Coach Dabo (real expert) has no doubts that this QB will lead Clemson to victory.

I believe he will too. If even half of what experts claim is true, next season he will be the front runner for the Heisman. I can see that as the 2016 team will be off the charts in talent. This 2015 will not be bad either.
    The important thing is that this QB must make it through the season as the cupboard is basically true freshmen who don't know the system and need time to grow mentally and physically. There is no backup. They are incredible talents on campus, but need a year or two to train in the Clemson system. Two left high school early and enrolled in Jan. Another will arrive in the fall. Already committed for 2016 is what some say is the #1 QB of that class. Clemson is ridiculously rich as hell at QB for years to come, but for 2015, Watson (remember the name) must stay healthy. He is big and strong, so I see no problem there. The "O" line is improved to protect him. The entire weight of the Clemson nation is on this kids shoulders as I never seen before. All say it is no big deal to him. He is not like Manzell, Newton, Winston as those guys could never play at Clemson with that type ego. Watson is rather quiet, but not shy. He is intelligent (Dean's List) and has the confidence that he can play ball. He kinda reminds me of John Wayne. In his few snaps last year, he was afraid to go a hundred yards down field passing into a 6 inch window or hauling ass if the "D" gave him a lane. For one so young, his ability to read defenses is amazing. The guys gravitate to him. One reason Clemson recruiting took a giant step is high school guys who had played against him wanted the chance to play with him.
    One guy don't make a team, but this is not a "one guy team" as that could never "be" in the culture at Clemson.
    Clemson plays team ball and that has kept us in the hunt when UNC, USC, FS, and Miami got most of the talent. Talent is now at Clemson also and will play as a "team".

Recent Clemson receivers are now dominating the NFL (Watkins, Hopkins, Bryant). Is there a guy like that for this team? Yes. Clemson has become know as "Wide Reciever U". Guys are here, you just ain't heard about them yet. You will. If you believe Clemson will be as low as 39th in passing this year, you are not paying attention. Going from 39th to even top ten would not surprise me. The talent is practicing as I post. (except for the QB Watson).

The schedule is brutal and we will look at it later on. This will be a better team, but winning ten games again will be difficult. On the other hand, a good bounce of the ball here and there, and this could be a team battling for one of the play off spots.
    When things crank up in the fall, look for the "experts" to rank Clemson as a "dark horse".

Look back at pre-season polls and you can see "on paper" does not translate to results, but it is an indicator.
    It is all we have at this fun point.
    It comes down to who can put a "TEAM" on the field.
    If it takes until mid season for the team to jell, you are too late.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    The important thing is that this QB must make it through the season as the cupboard is basically true freshmen who don't know the system and need time to grow mentally and physically. There is no backup.
    From Dabo today after practice:

Young quarterbacks“I think our young quarterbacks are getting better. It's not easy to come out here right out of high school and get the amount of work that they're getting with the type of monsters that we've got on defense screaming off the edge and blitzing up the middle.

Fall practice is underway. The first day was last week and official temp hit 100 (only 99.6 at my house). If I did scheduling, Clemson would play teams here from way up north in Sept, but it seldom happens.

Practice seems to be going well. Coach Dabo's Dad died and he is not here, but the ship sails on. The new offensive coordinators have been at Clemson for years and know what to do. The new QB coach is an ex-Clemson QB. The offensive coordinator is an old hand. The team is in good hands.

================================================== =========
    Problems are:

--> no experienced kickers. Kickers are extremely important, and it is totally dropping the ball when this happens at any school. Right now it looks like a freshman walk-on may be the best option. This situation is not what happens at winning programs.

--> Offensive line depth is not there. A true freshman will be starting at tackle. These guys get banged up and there is no experience behind the starters. This never happens at places like Alabama. Offensive linemen are pure gold, and while future stars are on campus, for this season - glaring weakness.

--> Ditto for the Defensive line. Clemson had the #1 D in the nation last season, but they all moved on to the NFL. This is the biggest reason "experts" are passing on Clemson this season. I keep up with this team more than "experts" do who have to watch over a hundred teams. I believe the "D" will again be a strength, not a weakness. Experience is low, but talent is there even beyond last season.

--> Quarterback. Yes, maybe we have the best QB in America, but that is on paper, not time tested on the field. The problem is again the depth. Two talented freshmen are on Campus. It is sad when the back ups are true freshmen. One can throw (broke Tebow's Florida high school records). He broke his foot the first day of practice. That leaves a guy who is very talented athletically (can't throw yet) and is a work in progress.

That covers the weakness (did I mention no kicker?).

================================================== =
    Strong points are:

--> The Offense looks like one that can put up points, a huge problem last season. That even helps the defense as they can gamble more knowing the Clemson scoreboard will be on fire.

--> Receivers and running backs lack experience, but the cupboard is full of talent. Opponents will be hard pressed to stop them. The QB maybe the best ever on Campus (time will tell), and he has many weapons to share the ball with.

--> While the "experts" see the "D" as a weakness, I don't. Passing on this team will be a challenge. Running on this team will be a challenge.

--> Confidence is on campus. These guys believe they can win. Reports are that they have been working like crazy to earn some playing time. None of them see this as a rebuilding year. They will be lining up to win.

=======================================
    The schedule is tough. I like that, but it is tough. Some schools have a cakewalk. Ohio State proved last season that "cakewalk" is the smart move.

+++++++++++++++++++

Overall, 2015 looks to be a very interesting and exciting season. With so many holes and vast inexperience at most positions, no one really knows WTF will happen. What we know is what I posted last season during recruiting - Clemson will be ready for the 2016 season. Now I believe they will be a team not to be slighted this season. ESPN experts are saying 8 wins, but I am predicting 12.

GO TIGERS !!!!

DSC9337-Edit.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast