The "CatBird" area is my bird blind, music place, beer garden, and general fuck off area.

I know few understand or care, but like Ed doing his Pergo floor, it is fun to believe/imagine someone in the World gives a crap. (I wish more posted more crap like this so when I log in I could read/share what my friends are up to.)
This week some of my friends were gathering donations for a friend with Cancer who wanted to visit her exchange kid in Belgium. All tales that move us don't need to be sad, not saying this one is.

Remodeling the "CatBird" is a happy one, sorta. I know for a fact it is unimportant.
In life we do things important for us and the people around us we care about. If we are lucky, we also get to do selfish things just for ourselves. In my case, I like to put "silly" emphasis on something "unimportant". That is why I was a good foot racer. I put all I had "giving no quarter to anything else in my life" to gain another second over 5 miles. Keep in mind I am not crazy (scored a solid 26 on the YBOCS scale). Other people raised families or tried to get ahead in their career. As a displaced geezer, I just gave all I had for another second. It was a good choice.

This is a tale of another such endeavor.
Before yall were born, I discovered my back porch. I lived in a nice (crime free) development and my back porch was about 3'X8'. My backyard was small too, maybe 75 foot to the rear line. After 20 years of living there, discovered paradise was alive and well in my backyard. That changed my life as it was a shift from searching for another second.
CC

Being obsessive (not crazy as I have been tested at only 26 on the YBOCS scale) I tend to over do when my attention locks in.

I need to rebuild out here and incorporate upgrades that one can only discover from years of constant use. All is well, but WTF, need a tiny project as my mind is getting crowded lately.
My space here is 6' by 10'. The CatBird house is 2nd story and built on top of a screen room I built in 2004 on top of a 10X10 deck I built in 2001. How this stands at all is a mystery. Normal rot and my inexperience as a carpenter should have brought it all down years ago.

Yet here I am typing this from the CatBird house, and it still has a "solid" feel.

Name:  cb.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  87.1 KB