Thread: Needed: Crock Hunter

Needed: Crock Hunter

Last Winter the favorite spot for birds to bathe was the frog pond. Here is a Song Sparrow taking a bath today. It is 54 degrees, but they don't care.
    Name:  from1.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  95.0 KB
    This year birds are clogging up the new one. They really like it, often there are a dozen at a time in it.
    Name:  frog5.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  99.9 KB
    A close up of the first photo shows that even on a cold day, danger is present, note the Bullfrog. Like the bird, you may have missed him in the first photo.
    Name:  frog2.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  83.6 KB

I have seen the frogs jump at birds, so far without success. You might believe a frog is not big enough to eat a bird, you might be wrong. Here he is crawling out.
    Name:  frog3.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  108.3 KB

He is very fat, and definitely eating something to get that way.
    Name:  frog4.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  105.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

bump

.....no comments? Photos taken hand held from 50 foot.
    I am the only guy in a tie

MSG
    Great photos Bill! I missed this somehow. That is one big ass frog!

FROGZILLA!!!
    Life is a roller coaster.....throw your arms up and have fun!!!!!

I have to admit; I was looking ALL around the perimeter for the frog; didnt' think to look IN THE WATER~

....if he's out in 53 degree weather, he must have turned warm-blooded by virtue of his size alone....

I live in my own little world. But its ok, all here know me. Yet, they still let me run a bar tab :)
    I recently dropped by Bill's for a visit. He was showing me his wildlife sanctuary and actually let me sit in his famous "catbird seat".

While I was sitting there Bill exclaimed " Look there is one of my frogs coming out of the water". He handed me a pair of binoculars and told me where to look.

I could see no frog.

Bill was all excited about the frog being out on a moderately chilly day and couldn't understand why I couldn't see the frog.

I'm busy scanning the pond thinking to myself "what frog?".
    Then Bill makes the comment " Damn it! He's trying to catch the chickadees that are coming in for water".

My brain clicks * frog that eats birds = big ass frog *.
    I put the binoculars back on what my mind automatically passed over as a pond ornament.

It moved!
    I had passed over it several times, because without stopping to think my mind classified this giant frog as being too big to be a live creature.

I know how Bill feels.
    I quit trying to tell anyone about the size of this frog. All I got for trying to share, were snickers or questions about the amount of Bill's brew I had consumed before I saw this giant frog.

AO please put something in the next photos for scale !