PDA

View Full Version : Not me

AgentOrange
02-15-2024, 06:26 PM
A few years back I was adopted by Eugenia.

My neighborhood has an abundance of 'Fishing Crows'.

They make a very good living on the lake, need no help from anyone.
https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Fish_Crow/overview (https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Fish_Crow/overview?fbclid=IwAR0h7EwJNZCi9p7nwDknaa4unh24CZgJ 2VX0YJkaY0BnxPEaUaUQGEB8sqY)

Crows are very intelligent. Eugenia can recognize me. She sometimes screams at me (hence her name). She can mimic any bird, cat, sound, etc.

Before landing nearby she will mimic a cat or hawk to clear the yard. She don't eat at the feeders, but I do keep out some suet balls for her. She don't eat much, just likes to visit.

One neighbor put out poison as they believe Crows make their property less. In fact, they clean up carrion on the lake, and make it better for us all. Those neighbors don't talk to me now as they believe I stole their critter "murder trap" where they let animals suffer and die.
I did not, but I applaud the girl who did. She is a heroine to me.

jjptkd
02-16-2024, 08:19 AM
That's a pretty cool website.. nice looking bird the crows we have around here always seem scruffy looking. Our little apartment community recently took on a flock of pigeons my neighbor lady told me an elderly woman a few blocks away was feeding them for years had around 100 hanging around I guess. I don't know if she passed or was moved to a home but they are no longer being fed over there and we ended up with about 20 of them?

One of the neighbor ladies is happy and throws out feed a couple times a day, another one told me she pretty pissed about it- I guess, unlike other birds? these guys hang out most of the day and shit all over the place. Same neighbor that feeds these guys feed a family of raccoons which upsets another neighbor. I don't mind I don't spend a lot of time outside my place I see the raccoons almost every morning kind of cool they're neat looking animals.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a pretty cool website.. nice looking bird the crows we have around here always seem scruffy looking. Our little apartment community recently took on a flock of pigeons my neighbor lady told me an elderly woman a few blocks away was feeding them for years had around 100 hanging around I guess. I don't know if she passed or was moved to a home but they are no longer being fed over there and we ended up with about 20 of them?

One of the neighbor ladies is happy and throws out feed a couple times a day, another one told me she pretty pissed about it- I guess, unlike other birds? these guys hang out most of the day and shit all over the place. Same neighbor that feeds these guys feed a family of raccoons which upsets another neighbor. I don't mind I don't spend a lot of time outside my place I see the raccoons almost every morning kind of cool they're neat looking animals.