PDA

View Full Version : All American RedStart

AgentOrange
08-15-2022, 03:32 PM
Be still myheart --:smile-new:

91 degrees and the Bee Gees playing too loud. K says I spend too much time on the porch.
Proving her wrong, a female RedStart just showed up. I have photos from years past will post those as I aint caught him yet today. It is bold and beautiful. The deal is living near the Blue Ridge, anything can show.

Checking my notes see I saw one passing by in Spring on 25Apr21 and Fall 05Oct20.
This is the first migrant I have seen since Spring.

Mike Kelly
08-15-2022, 07:21 PM
Beautiful Bird! I believe that all birds talk with one another. In their conversation with each other, they tell others that your place is a "must stop and visit" on their travels. That speaks volumes on the hospitable bird sanctuary you operate. They can enjoy good food & good music in a safe and friendly environment.

AgentOrange
08-16-2022, 05:06 PM
Beautiful Bird! I believe that all birds talk with one another. In their conversation with each other, they tell others that your place is a "must stop and visit" on their travels. That speaks volumes on the hospitable bird sanctuary you operate. They can enjoy good food & good music in a safe and friendly environment.

That is a nice post, thanks. .beer friends

I am presently (slowly) getting together an electric fense to discourage the bear from my feeders. One thin wire about 2' up might help. It won't be too noticable, and I can just step over it. I will have it working on a dusk/dawn timer.