PDA

View Full Version : Bird photography with wildlife cam

Tony Presley R.I.P
07-18-2019, 06:47 PM
July 18, 2019 ... I set my old camera up on a tripod in front of the millet feeder and then went for a run with Donna. We were gone a little over an hour including the drive. When I checked the camera images there were 167 shots! Sparrows were the dominate (Song sparrows??) and I had a visit from an Indigo Bunting along with cardinals, titmice and an unknown or two.

Below are some of the photos.. the time stamp on my camera is way off and I don't know how to fix it. (cheap camera). In one photo, a sparrow lit on the camera for a close-up. Click on photos to enlarge...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MFR1WGiEsdV9NjZn7

AgentOrange
07-18-2019, 07:33 PM
Good fun, thanks.
I don't see any Sparrows. Song Sparrows are long gone, but the odd Chipping Sparrow or Field Sparrow is about.

I see a lot of House Finch. This is fun as birds eat what is available.
I am guessing you are low on Sunflower.

AgentOrange
07-18-2019, 07:34 PM
At my place, Humming birds are done with nesting and ..............:tickled_pink:

Tony Presley R.I.P
07-18-2019, 07:41 PM
No, I have two feeders with sunflower to refill almost daily with lots of traffic. Those sparrows also look like female purple finches or female rose-breasted gros-beaks but I have not been seeing any males of those two.

My hummers are picking up the pace now also and I like this time of year because I do not have to throw out spoiled nectar. They empty the feeders before it spoils.

AgentOrange
07-18-2019, 07:48 PM
Don't see any sparrows, see female House Finch.

Tony Presley R.I.P
07-19-2019, 08:07 AM
Don't see any sparrows, see female House Finch. That makes sense. I will make a mental note of that but I'd better write it down instead.

Photo from Audubon matches very well.