PDA

View Full Version : T U B B Y

AgentOrange
05-21-2016, 05:56 PM
Some people in my area believe because I live on the lake I have $$. Nope. I am a retired cop.

Some drop off/abandon critters near me. Maybe they have a good heart and wrongly believing I am wealthy and hope for a good home for these guys.

Many years back (2005?) I was in the yard with a Beagle who had arrived here unwanted by me. A tiny dog was walking up the road and stopped to look down our drive. Rosey went beserk!! - and the tiny dog walked on.

It rained hard that night and it was cold. The next day as I left out for Home Depot, saw the little dog walking all wet (but unbowed) by the side of the road. I opened the door and she jumped in the truck.

She was a mess, but still carried the air of a Queen. I put out flyers and an add in the paper as surely no one would abandon this incredible critter:suspicion:. A week later I was pulling down the flyers as she was happy at my place.

She has been a light in my life. This week she died. (Do dogs or any of us go to HEAVEN?)

She was 100% nice and had a nose that could detect even the Devil. I always called her my "cat" as she was independent and 100% nice. Even my cats thought she was a cat. She was an instant friend to all other critters and all people. She liked to stand safely on the porch beside my friend Rosey and bark at unseen dangers. She had the best food and care I could discover. I loved her and always will.

Tonight I am unprotected. Tubby had short legs, but she was a full size dog in every way.

Rorschach
05-21-2016, 06:21 PM
R.I.P.
u been lucky in life

elgrau
05-21-2016, 07:52 PM
Sorry to hear this news, Bill. Dogs can be so vital to our well being that losing them is always a painful loss.

The concept of Heaven (even if not real) would have been "invented" anyway just because it is what we use as hope that one day we will see our wonderful friends once again?

Dogs give more love then they take....and more than we deserve. That makes them very unique and special friends! RIP, Tubby.