PDA

View Full Version : Pit Bull kills

AgentOrange
02-12-2016, 07:36 PM
I saw on the news where a woman "rescued " a pit bull who was good with children. Two weeks later it killed her. I have one who visits me all the time who is a giant baby.

Imagine if house cats were as big as dogs?4546

jjptkd
02-12-2016, 11:10 PM
Wow, that's sad. My cousin Heather has a few Pitbulls that are her little "babies" and they're very friendly. No matter how nice they may seem though I still would never leave one alone with a young child, just don't trust them.

We put up a couple of bird feeders on the back deck recently and our cat has been going nuts watching all the action through the slider. She makes the meanest growling sounds and hops sideways all the way across the room and then pounces at the glass, its entertaining. I read an article recently that that said if your cat was big enough it would eventually kill you, just how they're wired.

AgentOrange
02-12-2016, 11:41 PM
I have 3 cats.
If big as me, one would see me as a critter to toss about.
The pack leader would see me the same.
The other (female) would still be in love with me.

Cats are not dogs.

elgrau
02-13-2016, 06:52 PM
True...your dog (with few exceptions of course) adores you and wants to protect you. Pet cats OTOH are always biting and clawing at you...which is "fun and playful" only because they are so small and you can swat them away if need be. But if they were the size of a large dog....forgitaboutit!, you'd end up being their LUNCH! Not saying they can't be loving and nice to cuddle with, just that it's on their terms!