PDA

View Full Version : Chuck's New Year's Dog

Chuck Farley
12-15-2015, 07:38 PM
This miniature schnauzer won't be big enough to take from her mama till after New Years. We're looking forward to getting her. Her name is Rook.

AgentOrange
12-15-2015, 08:10 PM
Miniature Schnauzer

He a dog breed who's got it all in one small package: intelligence, affection, an extroverted temperament, humor, and a personality that's twice as big as he is. Throw in that walrus moustache and quivering enthusiasm, and he'll make you laugh every day. With a Miniature Schnauzer in the house, you'll never be alone, not even when you go to the bathroom. He's got personality-plus, and whether he's bounding around ahead of you or curled up snoozing on your lap, you'll never be bored with him around.

-The Miniature Schnauzer is people-oriented and wants nothing more than to hang out with you. He's incredibly affectionate.
-A Miniature Schnauzer is intelligent, mischievous, and often stubborn. He's full of life.
-He's low-shedding, but high-maintenance in terms of grooming. He needs to be clipped every five to eight weeks or so.
-He's noisy. Protective of home and family, he'll bark even at slight noises.
-He's good with kids and other dogs, but not to be trusted around small mammals.
-Always keep your Miniature Schnauzer on a leash when you're not in a fenced area. If he sees something and wants to chase it, he will likely ignore your calls.
-A bored Miniature Schnauzer is an unhappy Miniature Schnauzer. Because he's intelligent and energetic, he thrives on varied activities and exercise. Make sure that you give him both, or he'll become destructive and ill-tempered.

I want one too!:numbness:

elgrau
12-15-2015, 08:20 PM
Look's like a winner, Chuck! I liked a recent FB post that said (paraphrasing) "Be you rich, poor, nobility, peasant, whatever, how one treats animals tells me all I need to know about that person!" I totally agree (even in the case of Hitler who supposedly loved his Germain Shepard, in the end he shot this dog before taking his own evil life).

Chuck Farley
12-15-2015, 09:18 PM
Bill, I'll bring her around to see you when I get the boat going in the late winter / early spring.

Chuck Farley
07-13-2016, 04:53 PM
Bill, this little dog took an immediate liking to you. Here's a picture of her at 9 months.

OK here's another picture.

elgrau
07-13-2016, 06:46 PM
She looks cute and smart. Just like we all like our bitches! :tickled_pink:

AgentOrange
07-15-2016, 08:39 PM
I like that dog, wish you had taken my offer and sold. Too late now. That is a great looking dog Chuck. It is also an excellent judge of people. :tickled_pink:

In the 15 years here, had 4 dogs. All were homeless in need of ??

I put off getting a dog as when I moved here I wanted to get a soild bred, heavy boned, German Shepard. The "right time" never popped up, and then two Beagles did. The ass hole Ohio neighbor up the road put out anti-freeze to kill Foxes, and they drank it. Foxes are good, don't need killing. The neighbor died this year. I missed the funeral. One Beagle died in a couple weeks, and I spent $1K trying to save him. The other was kidney damaged, but was a damned good friend to me for a few years. People who are cruel to animals will never be a friend of mine. I detest them. I am glad I got to the stray dogs in time to help as best I could. Shores more than paid me back as he was a great dog.

Before Shores passed on, ROSEY arrived. She was skin stretched over bones with heart worms. Her hair was in patches with skin showing. It was not pleasant to even look at her. She liked me from the first moment we met.:tongue-new: The vet kept her for the next two weeks. Then she spent a dozen years with me. I have never known a better friend, nor will I.

She got strong and beautiful. She loved me, and tolerated me. She even put up with the cats when I asked -- kinda.

Right now, she would be here with me on the porch (no matter the weather, ROSEY would be in my lap here. In Summer like today, I would mist her down to keep her cool) She really appreciated my music choices. If the boat or the truck moved, she was there. In fact, anything I did, she did. She was smart, clever, and idependent. She saw us as equals (as did I).

I would like to say time has healed, but as you can see -- not so much. :WRONG
No matter, I don't need healing. I like to remember her.