PDA

View Full Version : Indigo Bunting arrived

AgentOrange
04-22-2015, 04:33 PM
Yesterday I had a few and today with the camera, only this one has appeared so far.
It is a striking little bird. It comes to my feeders every Spring for the millet which has been feeding my Winter Chipping Sparrow flock.

These birds will be around all Summer, but they scatter, and except for early Spring, I don't see one often.

In one week of rain, the millet sprouted. I buy it in 50# bags for Winter, but in Summer, few want it.

AgentOrange
06-28-2016, 04:03 PM
Just saw an Indigo Bunting, but he flew when I reached for the camera. (He will be back).
I used to have a lot of these when they arrived in late Spring before they scattered to breed. Like with many of my birds, they are seen less by me these days. 15 years back ths area was forrest, but homes and logging have cleared a lot. My yard is now like an single Oasis, but I only control about 1 /2 acre. I rather have birds and critters than a lawn. Add in all the AL Gore wind mills and solar farms, and I am lucky to see any migrants at all.

:Fuck

AgentOrange
07-15-2016, 07:19 PM
.... been another less than perfect day in paradise.
.... yesterday I blew out the fuse in the newly repaired heatpump replacing my theromostat which was stuck on 80.
.... today went back to the Doc for more posion ivy meds. I been on Predisone now for a month and also got more anit-biotics. It is killing my running. I feel tired (probably just mental). The unpleasantness of the skin on both arms and legs is weeks old now and I not getting used to it. (screaming does not help, tried that:topsy_turvy:). Big patches of skin have peeled off leaving very sensitive patches which leak blood instead the blisters which leak sap. I am not in the best mood.
.... I'm not supposed to go out in the Sun. Drought is killing off my plants. I'LL PROBABLY END UP FAT AGAIN.:Oh Hell

The GUY showed about 6PM and replaced the fuse and installed my Thermostat. As a reward I gave him a set of nice new Harley Beer Coasters I have had for 20 years. He has a Harley (as does everyone in this neck of the woods) and was really happy. I don't even remember how I came to have those, been in the closet for 15 years. He gave me his cell phone number to call if I need him again, so a great trade for us both.

Set down on the porch and the Indigo showed up.
How cool is that?:cool-new:
I guess there ios still a little paradise left in my life.

I snapped a photo which is not great, but gives one an idea of how cute these little birds are.

I got Hummingbirds buzzing me as the Sun sets, frogs calling, and have opened a bottle of Sierra Nevada 'Summerfest'.
Looks like my life is taking a turn for the better (normal).
My spirits are high.:AgentOrange