PDA

View Full Version : Friggin Leaf Burners

AgentOrange
12-12-2013, 04:32 PM
Fucking leaf burners

People who burn leaves piss me off.:offended:
I have neighbors around 75 years old on 3 sides that must burn leaves.
The area is so full of smoke right now me and the Beagle will have to go inside if the wind does not shift.
One from Ohio set his self on fire a couple years back, got serious burns and ended up in the hospital, but did that stop him - NO!!
One old widow from Florida sits outside and falls asleep while watching(?) her fire. She scares me to death.
The guy from Michigan across the road burns all the time.
This is a wooded area. If one place goes up, we all do.
Bless their Yankee hearts, I know they just want to be useful and age does cut back ways can feel important. Old people (and most young people) have no business starting a huge fire in their yard. Just ths month a local old guy (62) died burning leaves. It is not yet revealed if it was smoke inhalation or a heart attack. All known is when trucks arrived he was dead and it took them hours to put out the blaze.

No trucks will arrive where I live. Me and the Beagle will just have to float off on the Pontoon and watch our home burn.

Leaves are a great resource for the soil. They are not good on a lawn if you have one, so just pile them in an out of the way place and they will compost over time and give you some really good crap for your flower beds.

Tons fall in my yard. They compost away by Spring, I don't have to rake, burn or do anything but enjoy them.

elgrau
12-13-2013, 08:17 PM
Burn baby burn! The smell of burning leaves in the fall is such a great smell that I'd never want to give that up, if I actually lived somewhere that "allowed" such a terrorist act and such a thing that will of course kill us all via "global warming" (oh; wait a minute: over 2000 cold temperature records set so far this year and the sun is as inactive as its been in 100 years and some are predicting another "little ice age"! PRAY that it's "little" and not "full blown" as THAT will really ruin your day when that OVERDUE event happens relatively rapidly one of these fine winters Real Soon Now!).