PDA

View Full Version : Who wants a bird call?

msgrau
06-27-2013, 03:25 PM
I have a vintage Audubon Bird Call. In the original package. Wasn't sure if I should post this in the flea market forum or this one. I'll sell it to someone cheap. :courage:

elgrau
06-27-2013, 04:23 PM
Pictures please...

msgrau
06-27-2013, 04:48 PM
Looks just like this one. Still has the top lid and extra "refill" of rosin to renew the call's voice.

msgrau
06-27-2013, 04:49 PM
Want to buy it off of me, pops?

elgrau
06-27-2013, 06:23 PM
Yeah, then I can send it to AO as a gift*.....he's the big bird watcher here...

*gotta be worth as much as the amp he "gifted" to me?...:butterfly:

ps: I can show you how to post pics on here...:excitement:

msgrau
06-27-2013, 06:30 PM
As far as I can see, the picture DID show up. I thought about offering it for free but eBay is slow as hell right now and I am poor. Therefore, you can buy it off of me. I will give you a good price and you can send it to AO. :)

AgentOrange
06-27-2013, 07:01 PM
Already have a couple ---

msgrau
06-27-2013, 07:05 PM
Well, you're about to get a third...

elgrau
06-28-2013, 12:05 PM
On it's way....now AO can send tweets out to everyone!

AgentOrange
06-29-2013, 02:32 PM
On it's way....now AO can send tweets out to everyone!
Really, don't need it have a few.
They do work. My lazy ass don't need one here sitting on the deck, but in the field they work.
People have also given me those bird calling machines where you insert a card for different birds. I don't know what the fuck they think I do out here (hint, it involves cold beer):very_drunk:.

Us "PROS":abnormal: actually use the web between thumb and finger. Blow in there and after a few years practice, can mimic every bird on Earth and also a woman farting.

msgrau
06-29-2013, 02:59 PM
Well, if you have a friend that wants it, maybe you can give it to them :) I had no need for it.
Some day, AO, you will have to show me how to blow between the thumb and finger. Always wanted to be able to do that!

AgentOrange
06-29-2013, 03:58 PM
Well, if you have a friend that wants it, maybe you can give it to them :) I had no need for it.
Some day, AO, you will have to show me how to blow between the thumb and finger. Always wanted to be able to do that!

Thanks "Sweetheart" (you insinuated I could not call you friend due to my violent nature).
Can I call you "Sweetheart"? (might keep Toad from hitting on you:cupcake:)

Pishing is an actual thing. You can get a book here: http://www.amazon.com/The-Art-Pishing-Attract-Mimicking/dp/0811732959

What you are talking about is finger whistling. All Southern boys are excellent at it, but not me:untroubled:. My Mom tried hard to teach me, but I just can't do it. I suspect like Mom, Toad can call the cows in even if they strayed to the next county. As a substitute, Pop showed me how to bend a mason jar lid, put in a hole in one side with a nail and WOW!!

Pishing is done blowing the on the web between the thumb and finger, a skill mostly learned by me and the violent bunch I ran with. :untroubled:

msgrau
06-29-2013, 04:04 PM
You can call me sweetheart or friend :)
I don't think I would be very good at Pishing. I can't even roll my tongue to make that purring sound. lol.

TOAD
06-29-2013, 05:31 PM
Can I call you "Sweetheart"? (might keep Toad from hitting on you:cupcake:)

You can call me whatever. Just as long as you call me!

And unlike AO I have taught a girl or two to purr, and even a few to whistle.:love_heart:

AgentOrange
06-29-2013, 06:06 PM
You can call me whatever. Just as long as you call me!

And unlike AO I have taught a girl or two to purr, and even a few to whistle.:love_heart:

We all knew at birth that boy could not be trusted:sorrow: