PDA

View Full Version : Needed: Crock Hunter

AgentOrange
01-29-2013, 01:45 PM
Last Winter the favorite spot for birds to bathe was the frog pond. Here is a Song Sparrow taking a bath today. It is 54 degrees, but they don't care.
This year birds are clogging up the new one. They really like it, often there are a dozen at a time in it.
A close up of the first photo shows that even on a cold day, danger is present, note the Bullfrog. Like the bird, you may have missed him in the first photo.

I have seen the frogs jump at birds, so far without success. You might believe a frog is not big enough to eat a bird, you might be wrong. Here he is crawling out.

He is very fat, and definitely eating something to get that way.

AgentOrange
01-30-2013, 03:14 PM
bump

.....no comments?:crushed: Photos taken hand held from 50 foot.

Douglas
01-30-2013, 06:54 PM
Great photos Bill! :applause: I missed this somehow. That is one big ass frog!

kingman R.I.P.
01-30-2013, 09:39 PM
FROGZILLA!!!

TNRabbit R.I.P.
01-31-2013, 04:48 PM
I have to admit; I was looking ALL around the perimeter for the frog; didnt' think to look IN THE WATER~

....if he's out in 53 degree weather, he must have turned warm-blooded by virtue of his size alone....

TOAD
02-01-2013, 12:16 PM
I recently dropped by Bill's for a visit. He was showing me his wildlife sanctuary and actually let me sit in his famous "catbird seat".

While I was sitting there Bill exclaimed " Look there is one of my frogs coming out of the water". He handed me a pair of binoculars and told me where to look.

I could see no frog.

Bill was all excited about the frog being out on a moderately chilly day and couldn't understand why I couldn't see the frog.

I'm busy scanning the pond thinking to myself "what frog?".
Then Bill makes the comment " Damn it! He's trying to catch the chickadees that are coming in for water".

My brain clicks * frog that eats birds = big ass frog *.
I put the binoculars back on what my mind automatically passed over as a pond ornament.

It moved!
I had passed over it several times, because without stopping to think my mind classified this giant frog as being too big to be a live creature.

I know how Bill feels.
I quit trying to tell anyone about the size of this frog. All I got for trying to share, were snickers or questions about the amount of Bill's brew I had consumed before I saw this giant frog.

AO please put something in the next photos for scale !

TNRabbit R.I.P.
03-12-2013, 09:22 AM
http://www.wimp.com/bullfroghunts/